1 reply to this topic

#1 lewch66

lewch66

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 07:55 PM

Hi,

I just ordered a X-Ecuter 2.2 LITE[+] and i'm just getting prepared for the install. Which BIOS should I use, I want to use the evolutionX dashboard. Should I use two BIOS's because I can only flash it once to increase the flexibility of the xbox.

If I put two BIOS's on it I only need to make 1 BIOS file with one flash in banks 1+2 and another in 3+4 and coninue with the flash as normal correct? And there will be a switch to switch from to the other.

I am also iterested in your opinions on the most stable Bios flash that will allow me to play games backed up on the harddrive, listen to MP3's and watch movies that are on my computer.

Thanks in advance.

#2 neverwill

neverwill

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 November 2003 - 09:08 PM

READ THE PINNED TOPICS--

There have been far too many users that are relatively new to the scene and are unsure of what mod chip or BIOS they should be using. Most of these users look around, read the feature comparisons, read others' opinions of the mod chips and/or BIOS releases, and decide on their own which to use. Some are lucky and have a MultiBIOS option, so they can choose as many as 4 different BIOS releases instead of one. Others, however, will create a thread JUST so everyone can advise them on what mod chip or BIOS they should use. We're also seeing a lot of "Mod Chip 1 vs Mod Chip 2" threads and "Which Mod Chip Is Better Threads?" Please refrain from creating any such threads.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see this is your first post so Ill humor you

1. You only need one bios
2.The CHIP only has 2 banks-I have my switch on "bank 2" and flashed that with a 1mb bios, which will fill up all the bios space the chip has.
3.Use the newest Xecuter2 bios, which is 4979. Or the Newest Evox bios, M7. They will let you do everything, just like almost all bios's do.
4.Follow this guide to make your bios cd-its very exact and tells you everything you need to do:
http://www.system-mo...view=42&lang=en
5.Read the pinned topics at the top of the forum pages!

Edited by neverwill, 29 November 2003 - 09:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users