X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 09:00 PM

Ok, few problems.
V1.1 Xbox
Just put in a X2.2 Lite using Alternate D0
Everything was working fine it seemed, booted into Cromwell, then I put it all back together, now nothing shows on screen and DVD drive will not Eject. When I switch the chip off the system works just fine, DVD drive and all.

What could the possible cause be? Maybe a wire got pinched going to the switch board, or would it be the D0, maybe its grounding to the case or something? I really dont know, and FUCK, I just put it all back together, dont wanna take it apart completley, so if anyone has a good idea what it might be, please let me know.

Oh, and 1 LED on the Chip comes on when I turn the system on, that meens the D0 is good right?

Oh ya, and no matter if the chip is on or off, when I switch the system off, the power light goes off but the LED's on the chip stay on for about 5 seconds along with the rear fan.

Edited by Flea420, 29 November 2003 - 09:07 PM.

#2 HAL2001

HAL2001

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 November 2003 - 09:27 PM

I've seen this before. It is possible the black casing that surrounds the dvd drive is pressing up against the chip when the case is put back together. Try powering up your xbox with the top off and the chip on. If that works you may need to dremel some of the black casing away so it isn't pressing against the chip.

hal.

Edited by HAL2001, 29 November 2003 - 09:27 PM.

#3 Flea420

Flea420

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 09:35 PM

I just took it apart, checked all connections, then I hooked everything up outside the case and it worked.

I then put everything back in place minus the case top and it didnt boot, just black screen. I pulled the chip away from the dvd drive and it booted fine, but then I pressed the chip against the drive and it still booted. It will not boot with the top on though. I guess something is touching something else but dunno what it could be, the connections are all good and the dvd drive isnt really touching the chip at all......

#4 Flea420

Flea420

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 09:43 PM

I just took the HD and DVD drives out, leaving them hooked up though, and it still is hit and miss with it booting or not.

Could it be the wires going to the switch board? Maybe there Pinched? I dunno though, I did it just like in the Tutorials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users