X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 November 2002 - 07:05 PM

Hey,
Ill receive my burner soon so now i have to order some media!!
I'm planning to get Princo DVD-R (supposed to be compatible and working fine) from rima, but id like to know what kind of DVD-RW is working with the sony drive? Rima.com = Princo 4.7gigs DVD-RW "Not Suitable for Dru500 Drive" ne1 tried one of them? if yes? working? if no what type of DVD-RW media is working with both drives, SonyDRU500 and Xbox (original) DVD?

THX

#2 Merle Corey

Merle Corey

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 November 2002 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (Drunken-Bastards.cjb.net @ Nov 16 2002, 06:05 PM)
if no what type of DVD-RW media is working with both drives, SonyDRU500 and Xbox (original) DVD?

To answer your second question first, it depends on the Xbox. Mine, for example, hasn't worked with any RW DVD media, but I have no problems with R DVD or CD-RW.

As for what media works with the 500A, the only one I haven't gotten working so far has been Memorex DVD-RW. I've been through so many brands/types that I'm not favoring any particular one at this point, but I did try some cheapo PrimeDisc and Optodisc RW media successfully.

My suggestion would be for you to buy/order a bunch of single packs and find out what actually works in your Xbox.

MC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users