4 replies to this topic

#1 plight

plight

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 01:21 AM

Ok, this is justa simple question about "modern" console emulation. I keep eharing people say the xbox will NEVER be able to emulate the ps2. OR at a playable level anyway.

I know the reasoning behind this is that software emulation will never be as good as the original hardware. Now, heres my question... Wouldnt it be possible for some kick ass coder (not disrespect to current coders intended) came along with some code so streamlined, so smooth that it could? This is not necessarily referring to simple xbox emulation, but emulation in general as well.

And yes i know that we cant even emulate nintendo perfectly, but you know......... tongue.gif

Edited by plight, 01 December 2003 - 01:24 AM.

#2 Iriez

Iriez

XBINS TOTALITARIAN

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 December 2003 - 02:29 AM

Did you bother to read the final word on emulation thread?

Streamline? Yea, the chances of software rendering of the hardware is *so* efficient that it plays smoothly is flat out, literally, without a doubt, never, ever going to happen. You would need the MAKERS of the original console, hopped up on speed, with some crazy intelligent intuition on how to actually accomplish that.

So pretty much...No.

#3 X2Gamer

X2Gamer

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 December 2003 - 02:32 AM

Oh well I guess we could dream. smile.gif

#4 GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 02:57 AM

Another version of what Iriez said, is "there are some things you just can't do with specific specs". Emulate PS2 on an Xbox is one of them... There's not enough overhead. A better way to say it is "emulate same gen consoles isn't going to happen".

There are times when if you want to do something, it requires stronger hardware.

#5 WaRnINg|

WaRnINg|

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 December 2003 - 01:42 PM

Keep Dreaming! Never goign to happen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users