• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sound1992

sound1992

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 02:36 AM

I've got an xbox v1.4 and bought the Chameleon modchip with adapter from Easybuy2000. After much fustration, I learned I have two problems:

1) The Cromwell 1.8 bios on the Chameleon isn't compatible with xbox v1.4 or v1.5
2) My xbox v1.4 has a Winbond chip that is incompatible with EvoX dashboard flashing program

So I opted to flash my xbox using the TSOP method. It is running perfectly fine with X2 4979 bios on the TSOP. Now I want to get rid of my Chameleon, but before I do so I want to flash it to the latest Cromwell so that when I sell it to others who may potentially have xbox v1.4 or v1.5, they will be able to use it. Given the fact that my xbox TSOP is flashed now, is there any way I can flash my Chameleon bios without:

1) another xbox that has also been modded with the Chameleon
2) using the programmer

The Chameleon chip is basically useless to me and anybody else with v1.4 or v1.5 until it is flashed to the latest Cromwell. But it's a catch-22, since when I install the Chameleon I can't bootup the xbox since the Cromwell v1.8 bios is incompatible with xbox's v1.4/1.5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users