6 replies to this topic

#1 Hoser33

Hoser33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 01:28 AM

Hey all,

I've read some posts for help, but I can't see anything which can help me so far. I've installed a Chameleon, with the solderless adapter.

I've got an older version of the Xbox, so I've had to remove solder from the holes int he MB in order to install it. I think I've done that successfully, as I've been able to insert all of the rivets without issue. The adapter feels "springy" when I pop it into place.

The lead is firmly in place in D0.

Whenever I boot up, I get the standard Xbox green screen.

Any help? Tips? Something I can try, or something obvious I've missed?

#2 SatanicStan

SatanicStan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 01:47 AM

is your D0 in the right spot? (and you shouldent have de-solderd the LPC) sounds to me as though that is the case, unless you have already flashed your chip with another bios and its booting up instead of cromwell.

#3 Hoser33

Hoser33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 01:54 AM

I noticed the thing about not removing the solder after the fact. The install guide I read at first told me to remove it. Too late now.

I'm sure the D0 is correct, at least according to the install guide. Could it be something else? I'm really out of ideas here.

#4 JonDante

JonDante

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Interests:Music Production<br />XBox
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 December 2003 - 02:04 AM

Make sure the adapter is FLUSH with the motherboard.

JD

#5 dtechlogic

dtechlogic

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 December 2003 - 01:43 PM

The reason you are not getting nothing on the screen is due to the fact that your chip is not properly align. Once it is align you should see a crownwell screen when you turn on your xbox. double check the do point.

#6 SatanicStan

SatanicStan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 08:05 PM

if it was missaligned, wouldent it frag? ph34r.gif i may be wrong, and also , if he has the rivits in, it would be awful hard to have it miss aligned. no blinking blue light, right? , but as you can tell in mot very exprianced, i just installed my cham with adapter yesterday afternoon ontop of filled the lpc and it worked perfect first try, but i still think its something to do with the D0 , lol did you get your chip from EB2K? that would explane it all, lol j/k

Edited by SatanicStan, 02 December 2003 - 08:09 PM.

#7 SenseiKage

SenseiKage

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 December 2003 - 10:45 PM

I had this same problem. I went through two motherboards (long, weird story) testing it out just to come to the conclusion that the chip doesn't work. On the first motherboard it had the pins (I too followed the instructions and didn't see the warning untill after the fact). You might be in the same boat. I recommend trying it on another xbox. Also, as JD said, be sure the solderless adapter is flush on the MB. huh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users