6 replies to this topic

#1 thomas_a_anderson187

thomas_a_anderson187

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 05:28 PM

hey guys

i was wonderibg if u could help me here.

i just rented ENTER THE MATRIX from my local games emporium,

of course having a chip i rented it for the sole reason of backing it up on my xbox hd,

but alas, when i fired up my game copy program it copied a few files but then failed to copy one of these files, and ended the progress,

i am currently using this program called XBCOPY, which has so far copied me ranbow six 3 and pso, so i am pretty happy with it,

can ne1 tell me if this is a problem game, or any advice on what to do to get a successfull copy, or a better copying program,

ive heard from quite a few people that have had problems with this game and they couldnt get it copied either.

plz guys i could do with a quick bit of help here as i gottta leave the game back 2moro.

( i know how 2 use xbins)

#2 xboxmodder4life

xboxmodder4life

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 December 2003 - 05:31 PM

what u are doing is illegal first of so i'm not gonna help u maybe if u rephrased the question without piracy you would get an answer

#3 thomas_a_anderson187

thomas_a_anderson187

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 05:34 PM

LOL, look at u with ure chip, like u havent done it,

ok then ill rephrase it

my m8 lent me his copy of his enter the matrix game so i could make a copy of it incase his cd got unuseable?

lol

can ne1 help me with this problem?

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 December 2003 - 05:47 PM

go edit your original post, and in reference to your response to xboxmodder4life, you can pirate all you want, just dont talk about it here

and lastly, check the backup creation forum, there are about a million thread on backing up ETM

#5 oswald

oswald

X-S Genius

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Interests:kicking ass and taking names in the BST forum
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 December 2003 - 05:49 PM

of course having a chip i rented it for the sole reason of backing it up on my xbox hd

We can't, and don't, help pirates here.

One thing I'm sick of hearing is "Your xbox is chipped, and you upgraded your hard drive, like you don't pirate games!"

To that I have only one thing to say: Whatever.

I've put more money into my xbox than most people put into their computers, and I own every game that has ever been on my hard drive. Yeah it's pimped out with a big hard drive and a nice xecuter 2.2, but I'm no criminal. Just because peepz are driving pimped out rice rides don't mean they stole it. There is alot of us like that here. It's cool to mod your box, it's cool to add functionality, it ain't cool to be a petty theif.

Enter the Matrix has files that are named too long to copy over to the xbox hard drive due to filesystem limitations. You want to play it? Buy the game, don't rent it, or search this forum. Why are all pirates so lazy? Oh wait, thats why.

#6 GLaCiERDC

GLaCiERDC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (thomas_a_anderson187 @ Dec 2 2003, 02:34 PM)
LOL, look at u with ure chip, like u havent  done it,

ok then ill rephrase it

my m8 lent me his copy of his enter the matrix game so i could make a copy of it incase his cd got unuseable?

lol

can ne1 help me with this problem?

see i dislike people like you with the best comeback of "you do it too" you dont know what people do, not everyone pirates not everyone feels the need to backup games to the harddrive if they're responsible with the dvds they purchase, and what you clearly said of renting enter the matrix for the sole purpose of backing it up is something that is not talked about here on these forums whether you think we're all doing it or not. The point being the majority of us know to keep it outside these forums...maybe you should try that too instead of accusing people of being just like you.

rent + copying then returning = same thing as piracy

edit: and no you cant make a copy of your "mates" game, thats his problem its his money that goes down the drain if he messes it up, thats no different than going to rent it and rip it and return it..same thing borrowing it from a friend, copying it and giving it back, you didnt pay for it (retail value) so you have no right to make a "backup" of it. Lastly if you dont like my lecture or anybody else's lecture then go re-read the pinned rules to further avoid any potential flaming you risk by posting uninformed things.

Edited by GLaCiERDC, 02 December 2003 - 06:05 PM.

#7 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 December 2003 - 06:09 PM

i took his second post to mean his friend gives him the game, he makes the backup, then gives the game and the backup back to his friend, which should be legal since his friend is in possession of both the original and the backup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users