riotsone

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 December 2003 - 12:32 AM

I just made a iso with craxion it didnt load it go to the MXM menu and i choose it (Tue Crimes) It went the first time to the Activison screen then it frozze and it was mixed btwn the MXM startup sn and the Activison Logo then any time after that it would just not load off the MXM menu. I have the game copied to mf hdd but i want to remove it.

This is how i created it. Copy all contents from Game to hdd using boxplorer and then i ftped over to pc made iso with Craxion. I also created an Iso using Quix no luck there wouldnt even load. I have had succes with with both programs. any suggestions?

#2 roosters

roosters

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 01:01 AM

Hi

I see where are uesing the craxtion program.I have downloaded this program, but when I unzip the files, I am unable to find the executeable file to run the program.Would you be be able to tell me how you where able to install and run craxtion.

Regards

#3 HAL2001

HAL2001

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 01:07 AM

riotsone - I've had excellent luck with SimpleXiso. It is a very easy program to use and work every time for me.

roosters - make sure you aren't downloading the source code. Download the compiled version and it will have an executable file.

#4 Monkeyjunior

Monkeyjunior

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Stuff...and uh.....stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 December 2003 - 08:00 AM

Also make sure that you download the latest version of Craxtion....there were some problems with quix, but those are fixed in the newest version

MJ

#5 riotsone

riotsone

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 04:18 PM

i just tried it with SimpleXISO no luck there either any other suggestions?

#6 HAL2001

HAL2001

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 04:21 PM

Two diff programs and still not working, I'm betting the problem isn't in the .iso programs.

Make sure you are burning it as an image (in Nero 6.0 Recorder>Burn Image...) Then choose the lowest speed.

#7 riotsone

riotsone

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 04:55 PM

HAL2001 thats exactly what I did. BUrnt at lowest speed nothing.

#8 HAL2001

HAL2001

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 05:00 PM

What game is it you are trying to back up? Have you been able to successfully burn any games?

#9 riotsone

riotsone

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 05:15 PM

Yes I have been able to backup some games succesfully and I am trying to Backup True Crimes

#10 Devenic

Devenic

Avalaunch Team

• PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 December 2003 - 05:22 PM

If you're having problems with Qwix and Craxtion and SimpleX then you're either not burning the ISO properly, or the media is not compatible with your Xbox DVD drive. Those 3 programs are the most popular ISO tools going and people have pretty good luck with them all time.

It's almost always a media incompatibility. Those same discs _might_ work on someone else's drive, but some media just don't work well with the Xbox at all.

#11 riotsone

riotsone

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 05:29 PM

Yeah thats what kinda im thinking too But these disc im using i burnt 3 other backups succesfully. Whats a good media for the Thompson drive?

#12 HAL2001

HAL2001

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 05:43 PM

I have had good luck with Lido DVD-Rs on my Thompson drive, they are dirt cheap, you can get them here.

Make sure it is -R that you are using and not +R, Thompsons dont like the +R stuff.

Also make sure all your IGRs are set to "No" in your evox.ini file and make sure your time/date is set correctly through your ms dashboard. It looks like you can get the disc to read, just the game freezes when it starts to load. Is that correct?

#13 riotsone

riotsone

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 05:55 PM

correct i can get my box to read the disc it just freezes i was reading on cd-rom guide that some newer games need to be patched do you think it migh have to be patched? but i know craxion does it automaticly. ill try and set my clock if its wrong I cant even get my box to load to the m$ dash. But i know how to fix that

#14 HAL2001

HAL2001

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 05:58 PM

HDD unlocked? Lock it, and that'll probably fix your problems.

#15 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 December 2003 - 06:12 PM

Turn of IGR if you have it on. In Game Reset (IGR) has three locations in your evox.ini. If Craxtion, SimpleX, and the other ones load up to that specific screen then it is not a problem with the .iso that was created or the media it was burned on.

You can also set the MS System Clock by loading MS Dash. If you do not have it linked properly but have BOXPLORER on your xbox just run it and run the original MSDash.xbe, set the time, restart xbox and try again to see if the game works.

Good Luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users