• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mjr_Mongo

Mjr_Mongo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 01:23 AM

ok total noob here,not a kid im the old guy that plays halo wayyyyyyyy to much and a freind of mine turned me onto this site,and so far reading through here im very confused as to why i would mod my box,i mean the obvious reasons like,saveing games to hard drive etc is cool,but what else does a chip allow you to do? play pc games on x-box? thats cool! would apreciate some enlightenment,zipping up the nomex jacket now!
thanks guys

#2 LiquidZenCloud

LiquidZenCloud

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 December 2003 - 01:27 AM

Its pretty complacated but you can also back up movies and watch them. and play roms on it also as long as you own the origanial games

#3 ltoolio

ltoolio

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 02:09 AM

Read This......

#4 thatsme

thatsme

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 02:29 AM

Modding is about getting the most out of the things you own. It gives you a more complete experience with your console that you bought. You can have control over the games, movies, and music that you own. You spent $200(or so) on a system, and modding allows you to use it the way that you want to.

#5 drekkar

drekkar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 03:08 AM

I think a better question is, why not mod? smile.gif

#6 LiquidZenCloud

LiquidZenCloud

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 03:11 AM

Lol i agree i am so proud i just modded my box... after a bad soldering job by my friends dad i resoldered it even tho i have no experience got it to work and i am real happy

#7 Monkeyjunior

Monkeyjunior

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Stuff...and uh.....stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 December 2003 - 03:36 AM

Because basically a modded xbox is the cheapest computer that you can by. Once you unlock the power of the xbox you can do tons of things!!!

#8 SagaraSosuke

SagaraSosuke

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Shooting Ball, Playing Pool, Working Out, Working, Reading the Net, Listening to Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 03 December 2003 - 03:41 AM

One thing motivating me to do it is a DVD player, bunch of emulators and the ability to transfer movies to the HD to watch on my TV and not monitor. It's MUCH more comfortable. Also, I like the challenge. I know that when I succeed, I will be an extremely happy person cause I acomplished it. Also, being able to store a game on the HD then run the game disc on another system for LAN play is cool as well. Saves money.

#9 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 December 2003 - 05:33 AM

when i first started hanging out on this site i asked if it was worth modding my xbox, everyone told me it was the best thing i can do, and now i agree with them, check my sig, lol

#10 drekkar

drekkar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 07:21 AM

I bought my xbox a few weeks ago just to mod it smile.gif Still waiting for my chip to arrive, quite excited wink.gif I have went over articles and tutorials again and again, I practically have everything I have to do memorized. Argh cant wait!!!

#11 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 December 2003 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (drekkar @ Dec 3 2003, 03:21 AM)
I bought my xbox a few weeks ago just to mod it smile.gif Still waiting for my chip to arrive, quite excited wink.gif I have went over articles and tutorials again and again, I practically have everything I have to do memorized. Argh cant wait!!!

hehe, thats the spirit, be sure to let us know how it goes, lol

#12 eug_one

eug_one

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 11:43 AM

For me the ability to play games off the HD without having to deal with the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG load times are worth the $$$ I put into the box. It's also one of the cheapest linux boxes, you'll ever be able to build. Plus if you mod, you have a new reason to procrastinate at work and spend time on this forum asking and answering questions.

lordvader129, I did the same thing before I got my chip and you'll be amazed how the early preporation will help when you get your chip, plus you are A LOT less likly to get flamed if you asked questions after you get the chip. Good luck with the mod. beerchug.gif

#13 ehosin

ehosin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 11:44 AM

Modding.
If you have a modded xbox not only can you play original and backed up games, you can play games that have been imported from ANY region. E.g. if you purchased your Xbox in the US, it is NTSC encoded, therefore meaning that it can only play games from the NTSC region; a modded xbox unlocks this restriction, allowing your xbox to play games purchased from ANYWHERE, e.g. in Europe(PAL) or Japan(JAP) there are some games that are exclusive to that region or are released way before the game is released in the us...
Modded xboxes can allow you to play dvds from ANY REGION without buying the expensive remote; you can also play VCDs... you can also play AVIs and MPEGs downloaded from the internet... modded xboxes let you back up games that you legally own to your hard disk to save loading times, modded xboxes have a better GUI... the list is endless
so
MOD YOUR XBOX

#14 Mjr_Mongo

Mjr_Mongo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 10:26 PM

thanks guys! all the info is real helpfull now im on the hunt for another xbox to mod! might jus buy a new one to replace it while i tinker with my other one!

#15 itsame

itsame

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 December 2003 - 11:17 PM

I originally modded my XBOX for one reason, emulation. Since then I have done so many other things that I never even thought were possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users