• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 omegaman313

omegaman313

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 03:59 AM

This might not be important to some people, but I have two Xboxes, sold one and kept the old one. Guess I am just still "in Love" with my first one. With it, I recieved and error 07 after a hot-swap gone bad. After screwing around with it, I reciecved a system failure, where the Xbox tries to boot but won't. I've opened my Xbox, but never modded it. I than decided to just gone ahead and play around with it. When the Dvd drive is completely disconnected, I get an error 12. I than took the Dvd Drive out and opened it. After checking connections in that drive, I reconnected everything and now I have an error 06. Now I have a Xbox with an error 06 and when I hook the Xbox HDD to my computer, it doesn't even get detected. I need some help on finding a program to detect the HDD so I can do a blind backup. I know sites if there are acttually any programs that can help. Thanks

feedback would be greatly appreciated, especially from those who are going through any of these problems.

#2 omegaman313

omegaman313

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 10:51 AM

Okay, I found out how to recover from the System Failure. Just connect your Xbox HDD to your pc just as you would connect a normal pc hdd to your pc. Make sure the power if off on the pc. NO CORDS, CABLES, ECT. SHOULD BE CONNECTED TO YOUR XBOX HDD FROM YOUR XBOX! Once connected, boot the pc and it should load without dectecting the Xbox HDD. Then shut down the Pc and disconnect the Xbox HDD. Once reconnected to the Xbox, it should give you some kind of error message. I am guessing by this that the Xbox Center (which you would send the Xbox for repairs/ M$) uses some sort of computer to determine the problems, but they have the right things (signatures, key, ects) to unlock the drive.

#3 omegaman313

omegaman313

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 11:24 PM

:::::::BUMP::::::
Some help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by omegaman313, 05 December 2003 - 11:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users