X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 December 2003 - 07:43 PM

Hi!

I had a v1.0 box that died and now i have bought a new one v1.3.
The thing i would like to know is if i can desolder the GPU fan power connector on my old 1.0 motherboard and solder it to my 1.3 board ?

I know i can tap in to the hd powercabel but if i can i want to use the one on the motherboard. Is there anyone who has tried it ?

//Nickman
Sorry if this is already answered. if so just say it and i will look harder then i did now.

#2 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 December 2003 - 07:47 PM

I'm sure you can, but the easiest solution may be to try to tap into the 70 mm's fan power source, just cut the cable a bit, solder in the gpu one, and then seal it up with shrink wrap

#3 hard jokur

hard jokur

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 08:14 PM

If you get teh 3pin fan extension you can just remove it and install on the MB. You will need a solder wick to remove the solder from the pcb vias

I have a v1.0 board as well. I installed a Chrome Orb on the GPU, and will be doing an active cooler on the 2nd Nvidia chip as well.

On the CPU I cut (well acually mangled) the HS down about 10mm and installed an OEM amd fan. I connected that to the 7v fan connector. The active cooling is good for about 5-7deg.

once I firgue out how to post pics I'll post a few of what Ive done so far

#4 The Timmy

The Timmy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 December 2003 - 08:18 PM

yeah, you can swap heatsingks with the GPU and move the 3 pin connector.. I did just that. seems to work great. if it's doing it's job, that's another thing.... how would I test that?

#5 punqewe

punqewe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 December 2003 - 11:20 AM

Geez...all I did was get a small heat sink fan with a molar conection and put it in line with my hard drive. DONE and DONE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users