2 replies to this topic

#1 Bogan

Bogan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 11:31 PM

Hi everyone,

New forum poster here; I've been firing off questions on efnet to no avail and have been sent here to try and get some help.

I have set an Xbox up an in my basement on Live as a dedicated server for RtCW.

My PC and other Xbox console is two floors above in my appartment and in order to get down to the server Xbox I have to go down two sets of stairs, outside, round the other side of the house and down another set of stairs to the basement.

The bottom line is that I'm a lazy ass and I want to setup some kind of remote management so I can access my server box with out having to go down to the basement.

I've set up a PC next to the console which has a USB TV input adapter so I can see whats on the screen by connecting remotely to that box but I can't interact with the console.

This console is not modded and I want it to run as a dedicated server (cause I'm a nice guy) and so I have to look at other options to remotely manage the console.

The biggest problem I've found so far is the ability to physically interact with the console remotely.

I got my hands on a controller port to USB adapter so I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to plug the controller port into the PC next to the console and 'tunnel' that USB port to my PC upstair where I can plug the Xbox controller in to my PC and interact with the console downstairs?

I hope that makes sense.

I was also wondering if there are any PC based programs/drivers that have been written that allow controller 'emulation' via a PC; this would solve my problem also.

If anyone has a similar setup or can help me with mine please respond to my post with your idea's/answers

Thanks in advance,

Bogan

#2 pedro

pedro

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 11:43 PM

how far is the distance?

get a really good wireless controller and extend the antanna on both the controller and teh reciever so you get a better signal?

Just an idea

#3 Bogan

Bogan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 08:03 PM

Thanks Pedro; I might borrow a friends wireless controller and see if I can get that to work.

I doubt however the signal strength will last from my basement to my place.

Thanks for your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users