5 replies to this topic

#1 IDDQD

IDDQD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 12:01 AM

I don't really know how to mod... at all... all I have done so far is replace my DVD drive, so I'm thinking about getting this one, for my launch Xbox

http://www.modchipma...products_id=105

What is the HDD swap feature, and how would I get it to work -- I found a good install guide, but I install it, then what? Also, I think it's possible to boot the box without using the chip -- for purposes of playing on Live, right? Thanks a lot!

Edit -- SMACK! I just read the "what not to post" post... yeah, sorry about posting this smile.gif I also found that other thing, that answered my exact "what next" question. Though I still have two questions, can I boot my Xbox both with the Chameleon and without it, for Live, and what is the HDD swap feature, and does the Chameleon have it. Thanks!

Err, had the wrong address... is ModChipMan a respectable dealer?

Edited by IDDQD, 04 December 2003 - 12:42 AM.

#2 Hekken

Hekken

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:KMFDM
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 04 December 2003 - 12:36 AM

yes u can play on live but you must have the REAL RETAIL GAME not a backuped copy. Hdd swap yes i'm sure it has it, but don't really know much about it. Try searching the Scene tuts for your answers first and the chart that compares all the modchips Here

Edited by Hekken, 04 December 2003 - 12:38 AM.

#3 IDDQD

IDDQD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:09 AM

Got the link working... is ModChipMan a respectable dealer, if not, who should I go with? I'm thinkin Jon, because he is very helpful

#4 Hekken

Hekken

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:14 AM

Check out the Webshop rating forum it should help decide who you should buy from.

#5 IDDQD

IDDQD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:36 AM

Ended up going with Jon, because he is very helpful and fast to respond to questions... also because his music is awesome. Thanks!

#6 Hekken

Hekken

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:39 AM

Glad to have helpped you. beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users