• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Phayze

Phayze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:33 AM

I checked out the JustDeals link from the main xbox-scene page, and noticed it was "white-label" and it didn't have any cables or manuals with it, and only a 90 day warranty.
Edit: Added for reference: http://store.yahoo.c...dia120gb8m.html

I searched around and found this hard drive, but not white label and you can choose what cable you want.
http://www.mwave.com...AA21090&bop=and

Anyone know what White Label means? I have no clue.
and do I need any cables to hook it up to my XBox? (My brother runs the whole xbox-modding thing, he just asked me to find a working 120g hard drive. :x)

I'll delete this newb-post if anyone can help me, if it bothers anyone.

Edited by Phayze, 04 December 2003 - 01:35 AM.

#2 MLRich

MLRich

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:53 AM

You can usually get a western digital 120 gig 8mb for 50 dollars if you feel like fucking with mail in rebates.

#3 Phayze

Phayze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (MLRich @ Dec 4 2003, 03:53 AM)
You can usually get a western digital 120 gig 8mb for 50 dollars if you feel like fucking with mail in rebates.

Cool, but I'd rather not mess with rebates and all that. This is the one we want, but I don't know if I'm getting ripped off if I order the white label with no manual or cables, and if it will work on my box.

#4 Sheriff

Sheriff

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 02:51 AM

I ordered a 120 maxtor from just deals and got it in less that a week with no trouble at all.
Unpacked it threw it in the xbox and it works great! I would say just deals is a go for ordering.

Sheriff

#5 bobgk

bobgk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (Phayze @ Dec 3 2003, 07:33 PM)
Anyone know what White Label means? I have no clue.
and do I need any cables to hook it up to my XBox? (My brother runs the whole xbox-modding thing, he just asked me to find a working 120g hard drive. :x)

A white label is basically as you described. It comes with no cables, software, and a short warranty. So if it breaks down after 3 months, you're screwed.

Edited by bobgk, 04 December 2003 - 06:14 AM.

#6 Sheriff

Sheriff

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 02:27 PM

I have several white label maxtor drives and they are pretty much under warranty for life. I had a 120 gig for over a year and was pluging it into my power cable and out of some fluke of nature the poles in the plug lined up wrong and zap! no more drive.
Maxtor replaced it for free no questions asked.

Sheriff

#7 s_cube

s_cube

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 04 December 2003 - 03:25 PM

I tried searching for that white label model to see if it was lockable. I don't know if they change the modem number on the white label ones or not though. My concern is of lockability. The second link for the 6Y120P0 Maxtor is lockable, as the pinned thread at the top of this forum has stated.
I found this webshop w/ free 2-day shipping on this model. If they are the same model then the white top would be a slightly better deal, don't know if it would be a better buy though.

http://www.zipzoomfl...ductCode=100703

the site had a 4.5 star rating also... I'm probably going to grab one before the week is up.

s_cube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users