• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iSmack

iSmack

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 03:00 AM

Ok, I got my orgianal hd unlocked with some effort and luck, now im trying to relock it so i can use it again i have tried HDLOCK and it gives me a Runtime error? and UnlockX says its not lockable??? this cant be true since i had to unlock it to access the hd, also i have searched on this problem and came arross someone who has had a simmilar problem and it turned out that his pc wasnt capable of locking a hd, if this a pc related problem does anyone know where i could find a list of motherboards that support ATA locking??? im dyin to get this thing to work i dont want to have to buy a new box, Thanks

#2 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 December 2003 - 03:12 AM

Are you able to install it into your Xbox unlocked, and then lock it using ConfigMagic?

#3 iSmack

iSmack

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 03:29 AM

ok, guess ill give the whole story, Ok i originally did a successfull chameleon mod but somthing messed up, my guess was a solder point came loose. So, while moding a couple of my friends boxes, i desoldered all the points and used the no-solder adapter but it still wouldnt boot so i guess i messed up d0 so im trying to use the exploits to and eventually flash the tsop. Well luckly enough i had the HD unlock password in the evox backup, and was able to get the hd unlocked and i used Xlinux to transfer files onto the drive now im stuck trying to get the drive locked again (i keep getting error 5).

#4 iSmack

iSmack

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 03:30 PM

YESSS, i got it!!! my problem was that i loaded dos off a cd and hd the drivers for the cd loaded and mabey some other ones too, and i read somewhere here that no other drivers should be installed when locking, so i tryed from a floopy and boom locked, and now im looking right into the face of the Phoenix!! thank goodness for this form or i would have had a nice paperweight..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users