7 replies to this topic

#1 ackbar9722

ackbar9722

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 05:48 AM

I'm surprised to find that the mute pedestrian glitch has been talked about on many other forums, especially gamefaqs, but never mentioned here once. Normally, I wouldn't mind it much, but it's annoying when cops sneak up behind me because I can't hear them. Who else here has this glitch? Has anybody found a fix to this problem? I'm guessing that people here would have a better chance to fix it than anyone else, since everyone is in to modding.

#2 bully

bully

X-S Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 December 2003 - 09:06 AM

hi there
im glad im not the only one i thought i was going mad.i hear pedestrians talking when i first load up ta vice city,but then after a while of playing they go mute and not say nothing!!!

#3 Guyver-X

Guyver-X

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Interests:I like playing on my Xbox or ps2. I like messing about with Ps7, Mx Fireworks and 3dsm on my pc.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 December 2003 - 09:58 AM

Ive never experienced this problem. Is it a pal version or NTSC.??

#4 ackbar9722

ackbar9722

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:32 PM

NTSC, I didn't even think they had a PAL version out yet.

#5 T-1200

T-1200

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 03:48 PM

I'm running the NTSC version and I've had no problems, I hear the usual lines

"hey honey your a hot dish"
"dam you chicken"
"i aint talking to you fuzzy" etc

smile.gif

#6 92235

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:42 PM

I haven't noticed it yet, but I never got to play the PS2 version of the game. I have had some different bugs though. This has happened twice now. All the textures on the ground and buildings will go a grayish white color for a few min until I leave that area of the game than the new area looks fine. If I go back there it will be just fine also. That is all I have found right now. Nothing too serious just a little wierd. Oh ya I have the NTSC version.

#7 Guyver-X

Guyver-X

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Interests:I like playing on my Xbox or ps2. I like messing about with Ps7, Mx Fireworks and 3dsm on my pc.

Posted 05 December 2003 - 06:01 PM

A glitch that the PS2 version has (Xbox version doesnt) is after Romero's Funeral (or wateva) you cant get the Haitan suit anymore as when you go to run into it it's blocked of by an invisible wall. Useless i guess but..

#8 bbagnall

bbagnall

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 December 2003 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (92235 @ Dec 4 2003, 02:42 PM)
All the textures on the ground and buildings will go a grayish white color for a few min until I leave that area of the game than the new area looks fine.

This is because all of the data is coming off the DVD and it's not loading it in fast enough. Very frequently when I'm driving around very fast and the road texture fails to load in fast enough, so it looks like the road is completely missing. If you stop and watch for a while the texture should eventuallyload (unless you are having serious DVD problems).

Playing from the hard drive I imagine this problem would go away completely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users