• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ajthomas

ajthomas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 12:01 AM

I read on one of the tutorials here at Xbox-scene that an Xodus/Matrix chip without the Evox bios flashed on it will run backup games. Is this true?

The only reason I mod my X-Box is to play imports - all my games are originals and that's all I am interested in playing (both local and imports). So I want to know if I can just get an Xodus and install it without flashing the bios to just play originals and imports.

Also, if this works and I'm not flashing the bios, will this work on Ver 1.1 X-Box's.

Thanks.

#2 Xboxohaye

Xboxohaye

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 12:57 AM

What is it that you think allows the chip to read unsigned code? Yes the bios. The chip merely allows the overide of the original.

TeMpTeD

#3 Potenza

Potenza

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:CARS Racing, Computers and my children
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 November 2002 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (ajthomas @ Nov 17 2002, 11:01 PM)
I read on one of the tutorials here at Xbox-scene that an Xodus/Matrix chip without the Evox bios flashed on it will run backup games. Is this true?

The only reason I mod my X-Box is to play imports - all my games are originals and that's all I am interested in playing (both local and imports). So I want to know if I can just get an Xodus and install it without flashing the bios to just play originals and imports.

Also, if this works and I'm not flashing the bios, will this work on Ver 1.1 X-Box's.

Thanks.

People, please use your brains. This is basic stuff. Read the FAQ ant tutorials.

For crying out loud.

#4 Schmo

Schmo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 November 2002 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (ajthomas @ Nov 17 2002, 11:01 PM)

Thanks.

Hmmm, will my computer boot windows if all I have is a blank formatted hard drive? wink.gif

Like someone else said, the Matrix chip doesn't have any code on it when it is shipped and therefore will do NOTHING without being programmed first.

There are so many tutorials and threads on this site, it isn't funny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users