• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Louis M

Louis M

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 01:41 AM

I'm a complete newbie about this, but I just purchased a Maxtor Ultra Series 120GB harddrive with 8MB Cache, 7200rpm, Ultra ATA/133. Anyway, I want to purchase a mod chip which will allow me to use this and I am so far confident w/ the Xecuter... Anyway, I assume to go as high as possible and get the 2.3 instead of the 2.2 and lower. Now, I would obviously go pro, but is the only difference between the Pro and Lite that if you screw up on the Lite you're screwed and w/ the Pro you can reprogram it as often as you want? Thanks a lot guys!

Note: the XBox is V1.2

#2 unstopology

unstopology

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 11:50 AM

I'm pretty sure all the xecuters are programmable as long as you have the programmer.

this chart shows most if not all the chips and what they do

http://www.xbox-scen...ips3b_table.htm

#3 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 December 2003 - 12:54 PM

You're not necessarily screwed if you screw up on the Lite. You can flash the chip but you just need to do it via CD or a program on your Xbox. The Pro has 4 BIOS banks (instead of two) and you can also hook up your computer to the chip to flash it.

#4 s_cube

s_cube

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 05 December 2003 - 09:49 PM

I've got the 2.2lite and w/ the header-pin install, one can easily remove the chip and flash it w/ the LPT x2 programmer. requires you to open the xbox of course, but once you've done that a few hundred times its only a sigh away.

s_cube

#5 CaliSurfer008

CaliSurfer008

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:Brahm is a whore
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 December 2003 - 10:54 PM

Yes that will work. I recommend a Pro chip just because the programmer makes things a lot easier wink.gif

Go with the latest chip too smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users