• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Darko

Darko

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 05:38 PM

I tried to update avalaunch today, and i forgot that i had to rename the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe in order to upgrade. I replaced the original default.xbe that was in my c: folder and now i cant boot my xbox. ( all i get is the xbox logo w/ the xecuter2 logo beneath it)

My boot cds wont work, and i cant ftp to my xbox without getting to my dashboard. I believe that my HD is unlocked. I also tried to place my xbox hd into my pc so i can fix the problem on my pc but i cant access the hd. The hd is recognized and it says the device is workin properly but i cant get into it to edit the files.

Im pretty sure that i just have to replace the default.xbe with the orginal one that was in there before i replaced it. Is there anyway for me to access my hd through ftp or another method.

Please help! i am quite frustrated.

Thanks for your time....

Edited by Darko, 05 December 2003 - 05:50 PM.

#2 Evolution_X_master

Evolution_X_master

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 December 2003 - 05:53 PM

well a big mistake was to put it into your cp. in order for it to work in your pc you would have to reformat it and that would delete everything.

you need a boot disc that works...ask someone for or buy i dunno

#3 Darko

Darko

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 05:55 PM

I have 2 boot disks and they worked fine before. The discs sound like they are being read but nothing happens. It seems like its not booting from the dvd drive first or something like that. My HD is unlocked too so i wouldnt have to reformat to put it in my pc, my pc recognizes it but for some reason it doesnt show up under "My Computer" so i cant access the files.

Edited by Darko, 05 December 2003 - 06:09 PM.

#4 Evolution_X_master

Evolution_X_master

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 December 2003 - 06:14 PM

true plus it depends what the jumper is set to on the back (master,slave, ect.)

#5 Darko

Darko

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 06:36 PM

I moved the jumper to all of its positions and still nothing on the pc. I dont get why the boot discs dont work. i only messed with one file. I refuse to believe that there is no way to get into my hd. All i need is an ftp connection. I think...

#6 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 December 2003 - 06:40 PM

Unless you specifically patched your BIOS to do so, it's not going to give a rat's ass about a file named default.xbe on your C partition, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

#7 Darko

Darko

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 06:42 PM

what do u think is the problem? it was working fine until i tried to update my dash using the default.xbe that came w/ ava. my boot disks dont work. So.... im open for any suggestions. I admit im not that knowledgable when it comes to this stuff so any help would be appreciated. Im using Slayers 2.1 as my boot disc... had no probs with it before.

Edited by Darko, 05 December 2003 - 06:44 PM.

#8 Darko

Darko

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 07:26 PM

FIXED... biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users