5 replies to this topic

#1 nalo

nalo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 01:48 AM

Well, after lots of trying and failing i finally got it to work.
Step 1: get some conductive paint. it comes in the form of rear window defroster wire repair kit from local auto parts store.

Step 2: scratch d0, clean it, and put a little dab of paint on the via, so that the contact spot is now much larger. dont worry about getting paint on other traces, just keep it off the other vias.

Step 3: ground the pogo pin that connects to d0. If you dont believe me that this is the problem, try this. Use xbtool to change the color of the xbox logo. open your xbox, install the xbit as normal, but with the paint. Turn on the xbox. Boots as normal. touch a wire to the mounting screw and to the d0 pogo. Boots evoX. aparantly, the path from the screw to the pogo pin is shoddy or something. But for me and for a lot of others, I feel, this is the problem! good luck xboxers!

note.. I have not yet figured out the best way to permanently fix this problem. I just tested it out a few minutes ago. Any thoughts would be very appreciated.

ANd if grounding manually fixes the problem, please say so in this thread. it makes me happy

Man, i am so HAPPY!

#2 nalo

nalo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 02:14 AM

UPDATE:
I just used some of that conductive paint to draw a new trace across the bottom of the chip from the screw hole to the pogo pin and everything works beautifully, first try. Thank you, conducive paint.

#3 AcidQ

AcidQ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 09:04 AM

Nalo,

you`re great. I just grounded my D0 Pin and everything works out just fine.

Thanks a lot .

AcidQ biggrin.gif

#4 nalo

nalo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 10:08 PM

np

#5 fulgore203

fulgore203

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 10:36 PM

I have done nothing wat is stated here, i put the XBIT on the right place, twisted the screw and everything worked in one time. And it was my first chip.

Just be patient and place the X-B.I.T. with some feeling on the pins. When twisting the screw hold the chip steady, else it gets off his place.

I'm Happy with my X-B.I.T. beerchug.gif

#6 nalo

nalo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 12:03 AM

for some people it is neccessary to manually ground d0. The chip is not doing it, and no amount of position tweaking will fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users