• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 haxorblade

haxorblade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 06:15 AM

I have an xecuter2 pro chip, and i need to flash the bios on it.

Basically, one day my chip decided it didnt want to work anymore... Evox boots, but the menu is gone and "flash bios" is in its place. Don't know why it happened...i can still FTP in and everything, but under settings, it says "unkown bios".

So...i suppose my only option is a flash. However, i'm pretty new to all of this stuff...and i read the tutorial about flashing your bios, but it just said "turn off flash protection". When i open my box up, how exactly do I go about doing that? Is it a switch, or what?

Thanks,
Jason

#2 Strud1512

Strud1512

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 December 2003 - 12:00 PM

If you can load Evox, there is nothing wrong with your bios - no need to flash anything.
It sounds like your EVOX.INI has been replaced with a generic/default version, which does not have the info line for your current bios (ie. it will show 'unknown bios'). You also seem to have a 'flash bios' menu option now, which is also set by EVOX.INI.
So, you need to edit EVOX.INI in a text editor to restore your settings, or restore it from a backup.

#3 haxorblade

haxorblade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 04:32 PM

That makes a lot of sense. However...I did replace the evox file to no avail. Perhaps even the backup was screwy and didn't have the proper information in it...I will have to check this out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users