He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 December 2003 - 06:21 PM

From Lordsofpain.net

Another wrestling superstar has been taken from us before his time. Jerry Tuite, better known to fans as "The Wall" in WCW and Malice in the NWA-TNA, passed away early Saturday morning after working the final show of the All Japan Pro-Wrestling tour he was on.

It is being reported that Tuite was found unconscious in his hotel room by La Parka & Nosawa when they returned from a meal and were ready to say their goodbyes before heading to the airport to return to Mexico. Tuite was rushed to the local hospital but doctors weren't able to revive him. The official report lists that Tuite died at the age of 36 of an acute heart attack.

Tuite's last match was on Friday, December 5th at the All Japan PPV show in Tokyo at the Budokan Hall. He teamed with former WWE superstar Bull Buchanan and former ECW/WWE and current NWA-TNA superstar Justin Credible to defeat Nobutaka Araya, Tomoaki Honma and Kazushi Miyamoto.

#2 nonamer66

nonamer66

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • Interests:MUSTANGS AND HOT GIRLS WITH BIG BOOBS!!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 December 2003 - 06:26 PM

wrestling is fake

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 07:17 PM

Wow. Wrestlers are dropping like flies.

#4 lmx

lmx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 10:05 PM

Damn . . . I liked the Wall. . . *sigh*

#5 Master-Chief

Master-Chief

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (nonamer66 @ Dec 6 2003, 03:26 PM)
wrestling is fake

WTF? What does that have to do with anything....

Even if wrestling is fake... why would you bring that up? This guy died and your basically implying that he was weak and died from fake wrestling? That's wrong! dry.gif

#6 lmx

lmx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 04:16 AM

Good point. . . and most people do not realize that, even if some of the stunts in wrestling are so-called "staged", there is still a certain chance that things CAN and WILL go wrong. These wrestlers put their bodies . . . hell, even their lives on the line every day, and for what? Our personal entertainment (oh yeah, they make good money to *lol*).

But, take for instance, the whole situation with Owen Hart a couple of years ago. He was supposed to do the stunt where he was lowered from the top of the stadium into the ring. However, there was a problem with his harness (it came aloose), which resulted in him being dropped from the top of a stadium to the very floor. . . and for what? The audience thought that this was the funniest damn thing -- until they found out the truth . . . that one of their superstars which they loved and admired had died in a freak accident -- all for their amusement.

So, to those that think wrestling is "fake" -- just keep in mind that lives can even be lost doing "fake" shit. . .

R.I.P "The Wall". . .

#7 Master-Chief

Master-Chief

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (lmx @ Dec 7 2003, 01:16 AM)
Good point. . . and most people do not realize that, even if some of the stunts in wrestling are so-called "staged", there is still a certain chance that things CAN and WILL go wrong. These wrestlers put their bodies . . . hell, even their lives on the line every day, and for what? Our personal entertainment (oh yeah, they make good money to *lol*).

But, take for instance, the whole situation with Owen Hart a couple of years ago. He was supposed to do the stunt where he was lowered from the top of the stadium into the ring. However, there was a problem with his harness (it came aloose), which resulted in him being dropped from the top of a stadium to the very floor. . . and for what? The audience thought that this was the funniest damn thing -- until they found out the truth . . . that one of their superstars which they loved and admired had died in a freak accident -- all for their amusement.

So, to those that think wrestling is "fake" -- just keep in mind that lives can even be lost doing "fake" shit. . .

R.I.P "The Wall". . .

THANK YOU! My point proven! biggrin.gif

I'm still sad about the Owen Hart incident! sad.gif

#8 lmx

lmx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 04:00 PM

Yeah. . . man, I was an Owen Hart fan. But you know, it seems that the "Hart" family of wrestling is like the "Kennedy" family of politics. In the past 5 years, they have lost Owen Hart, British Bulldog (their brother-in-law), and Stu Hart just this year!

Talk about tragic. . .

#9 nonamer66

nonamer66

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Master-Chief @ Dec 6 2003, 10:33 PM)
wrestling is fake

Even if wrestling is fake... why would you bring that up? This guy died and your basically implying that he was weak and died from fake wrestling? That's wrong! dry.gif

THIS IS WHY I BRING IT UP!!!

wrestling is FAKE... Who cares. People die all the time. Why make a damn post about a soap opera actor? Theres soldiers in Iraq and Afganistan who are dying every day. What makes this man more important than those serving their country? This guy is an entertainer who is paid probably pretty good money. Soldiers over there are leaving their families to fight for our nation and are not getting a freaking cent that they are due.

and once again I state WRESTLING IS FAKE. It boggles my mind why anyone watches it knowing none of those hits land and all they do is talk shit like they're so big. And man wtf is up with their expressions when they act scared? it looks like they pissed their pants every time.

#10 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 05:51 PM

I think nonamer66 is just pissed because Tampa Bay sucks this year wink.gif

#11 XB0X_Mod

XB0X_Mod

I 0wn J00!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 December 2003 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (nonamer66 @ Dec 7 2003, 07:21 PM)
QUOTE (Master-Chief @ Dec 6 2003, 10:33 PM)
wrestling is fake

THIS IS WHY I BRING IT UP!!!

wrestling is FAKE... Who cares. People die all the time. Why make a damn post about a soap opera actor? Theres soldiers in Iraq and Afganistan who are dying every day. What makes this man more important than those serving their country? This guy is an entertainer who is paid probably pretty good money. Soldiers over there are leaving their families to fight for our nation and are not getting a freaking cent that they are due.

and once again I state WRESTLING IS FAKE. It boggles my mind why anyone watches it knowing none of those hits land and all they do is talk shit like they're so big. And man wtf is up with their expressions when they act scared? it looks like they pissed their pants every time.

Actually that would be cause they are all fucked up and take steroids wink.gif

#12 nonamer66

nonamer66

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (shanafan @ Dec 7 2003, 01:51 PM)
I think nonamer66 is just pissed because Tampa Bay sucks this year wink.gif

laugh.gif true true

#13 lmx

lmx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts