X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 December 2003 - 11:18 PM

Sup all

I have tried the search feature and looked at the pinned topics but nothing really answers my issue.

Current chip has a xecuter bios on it. i think d6 eject fix

This is the objective: reflash 2.3 x2l chip with new bios 4979.?? to get larger drive support and not lose my current backups on drive F. I think drive g will be created after flash but not sure of that as well.

Concern: I dont want to loose backups of games I currently have on the harddrive and dont want a bad flash.

So with that said how do I successfully flash this chip that has a xcuter bios on it already to the newer xecuter bios.

A a to b procedure would be great outlining the solution.

Thank you in advance.

#2 NRG

NRG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 06:07 AM

ttt

#3 NRG

NRG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 05:06 PM

afternoon bump

#4 NRG

NRG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 06:40 AM

uhh.gif

#5 crazyfooluk

crazyfooluk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 08:53 AM

If you flash your bios with something like the ozxflash and then use the new 4979.67 bios rework i.e its not 4979.06 as the first edition was you will not have any problems .I have just done this with ozxflash and the said bios using a 160gb harddrive .
Make sure you don't get your hands on the 4979.06 as this will give you the problem with the missing large partition . rolleyes.gif

#6 thepurpledino

thepurpledino

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 December 2003 - 12:37 PM

also... I'd only make a 512k bios image... This way... you can preserve the current bios on bank 2...

You can def use OZXflash.. it works quite well...

However..as you already have a working Evox dash.. why not just load Xecuters flashing program FLASHX to load the bios? It works really well..!

Let us know how it works out for you... I hope to hear that you found 30 gigs of free space!!!!

Oh yeah... like crazy said... make sure you have the correct bios with large drive support

Peace!

#7 NRG

NRG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:46 PM

Ok thats for the replies.

So your saying not to use 4979.06 but to use 4979.67 instead? If thats not the bios then what would you recommend. m7?

Ok i flip the chip to bankk one upon making a 512k bios with 4979.67 and only flash bank one? What happens if the chip is already flash with 1meg bios already?

As for flash x i have never used this before. i assume you load it on your xpox and choose it from the applications (or where ever) and upload the bios to the bios folder and flash it from there.

See the problem is last time i flash a exuter chip I could not see my backups on the hard drive after I flashed the chip and when I try to reflash the chip it would not....Always get stuck at x% and never further...that was a 2.2 X2l. Thats what I dont what happening again and that is why I am so concerned.

oh ya the new 30 gigs will be g partition right?

Edited by NRG, 08 December 2003 - 05:36 PM.

#8 NRG

NRG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 06:32 PM

ttt

#9 NRG

NRG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (NRG @ Dec 8 2003, 04:46 PM)
Ok thats for the replies.

So your saying not to use 4979.06 but to use 4979.67 instead? If thats not the bios then what would you recommend. m7?

Ok i flip the chip to bankk one upon making a 512k bios with 4979.67 and only flash bank one? What happens if the chip is already flash with 1meg bios already?

As for flash x i have never used this before. i assume you load it on your xpox and choose it from the applications (or where ever) and upload the bios to the bios folder and flash it from there.

See the problem is last time i flash a exuter chip I could not see my backups on the hard drive after I flashed the chip and when I try to reflash the chip it would not....Always get stuck at x% and never further...that was a 2.2 X2l. Thats what I dont what happening again and that is why I am so concerned.

oh ya the new 30 gigs will be g partition right?

uhh.gif

#10 NRG

NRG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 01:11 AM

uhh.gif sad.gif

#11 NRG

NRG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 05:33 PM

losing hope on this unsure.gif

#12 thepurpledino

thepurpledino

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 December 2003 - 05:47 PM

Use Xbtool to create a 512k bios using 4979.67. Make sure you select "partition 6 takes up to 137gig/Partition 7 takes up the rest" from the LBA48 area.

Then.. make sure the bios is 512k..

Is this a fact??? this will be a good thing!!!! I would quess you have the same bios on all banks.. so, if you flash the 1st bank with the bios you made following the steps above, you'll still be able to boot to the current bios using bank2.

Next..flash your chip using one of the MANY ways out there... I prefer using FLASHX if you already have a working Evox Dash. just download it from teamxecuter, or XBINS.

Once that's done.. your bios will be able to see the new space... However..as this is a working xbox..I doubt the G partition would have been created. so, you will need to create it, Format it, and then you'll be able to ustilize it.

Let us know

#13 NRG

NRG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (thepurpledino @ Dec 12 2003, 07:47 PM)
Use Xbtool to create a 512k bios using 4979.67. Make sure you select "partition 6 takes up to 137gig/Partition 7 takes up the rest" from the LBA48 area.

Then.. make sure the bios is 512k..

Is this a fact??? this will be a good thing!!!! I would quess you have the same bios on all banks.. so, if you flash the 1st bank with the bios you made following the steps above, you'll still be able to boot to the current bios using bank2.

Next..flash your chip using one of the MANY ways out there... I prefer using FLASHX if you already have a working Evox Dash. just download it from teamxecuter, or XBINS.

Once that's done.. your bios will be able to see the new space... However..as this is a working xbox..I doubt the G partition would have been created. so, you will need to create it, Format it, and then you'll be able to ustilize it.

Let us know

Ok this is what I'm not understanding

If there is a one meg bios that is already on the chip ( bank1 and bank 2) and I flash bank1. How would that effect the entire bios on the chip? I would think it would effect both banks and inturn actually wrecking the bios and hindering the chip useless.

#14 NRG

NRG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 09:21 PM

duplicate post sorry just tooking so long to post

Edited by NRG, 12 December 2003 - 09:26 PM.

#15 NRG

NRG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 10:41 PM

ttt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users