u_n_s97

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 December 2003 - 12:04 AM

Guys I'm in a big trouble. Up til now I have flashed only older Xbox models, all worked fine. Now I have a V1.5 and that's a headache for me. I have the old 1MB flash on my memory card, so I can't use it. I have no access to any other Xbox at the moment, so I can't update the files on the memory card. I thought my LPC mod can help, but I was wrong, as it does not work on 1.5 machines, because of the damn old Executer bios... I was so fool not to reflash it with Evox M7 last time, gosh. But that's it. I have access to the Xbox via 007 trick, and telnet. So here is the question: how can I (if at all) transfer the 256 kb bios image to the Xbox hdd from my PC via telnet ? Is there any telnet command that does it ? I have been searching this forum for hours without finding any special thread/tutorials on that, except the usual commands like ls, pwd, exit, etc. But as I am not familar with telnet (and Linux) at all, probably any of you could help and tell me if it is possible or not.

regards, Stephen

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,751 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 December 2003 - 12:15 AM

i dont know anything aboiut linux commands, but this thread here

http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=43&t=135087

shows how to make a 256k into 1024, im sure there is some command to go backwards

#3 u_n_s97

u_n_s97

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 12:19 AM

Thanks, I read that too, and would be happy if I had a 256 kb bios on the memcard, that could be used for new and with that trick for older models aswell. Unfortunatelly at the moment, I am not that lucky...

regards, Stephen

#4 glyndwr

glyndwr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 09:47 AM

Hey, that's my thread! Heh.

I'm wracking my brains right now trying to think of a way to use built-in shell commands to split a program up. There is a Linux command line program called split (imaginative, huh?) but I doubt that it's on the very small Linux prompt you get after running the 007 exploit. I can't lay my hands on a exploited Xbox right now to test exactly what is and isn't available.

I'm pretty sure that the 007 exploit uses a mini Linux shell called busybox. If so, and if it's a decent version, this should work for you:
CODE

dd if=YOUR_1MB_BIOS.BIN of=A_256Kb_BIOS.BIN bs=1 count=262144

Substitute the appropriate filenames for YOUR_1MB_BIOS.BIN and A_256Kb_BIOS.BIN. As I've said, I don't have a 007 exploited Xbox to test this; however, I did just use my Linux desktop to split an Xecuter 1Mb BIOS to 256Kb then compare that new 256Kb one to the 256Kb BIOS I downloaded ages ago. They were the same.

I won't lie to you, this is potentially dangerous; if you get the count= number wrong at all, you'll make an invalid BIOS and toast the box. Busybox has a command called md5sum that can tell you if a binary file is corrupted or not; if you post which 1Mb BIOS you are using someone could give you an md5sum for it so you could double check before you flash.

#5 u_n_s97

u_n_s97

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 10:30 AM

Waoh, that's great... splitting the 1MB bios this way worked, unfortunatelly I had the old raincoat.conf file so still can't flash.

By the way, I successfully acessed the xbox via ftp using the 007 trick. Logged in as username: ftp, pw: xbox or as anonymous login was great, I could transfer files from the xbox but I could not transfer to it... This is where I want to dig tonight, maybe this way I could access the Xbox and can transfer files to it without installing any dashboard.

regards, Stephen

#6 glyndwr

glyndwr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 12:09 PM

Glad the dd command worked for you. That's interesting about the FTP server, I'll have to test it next time I have a 007 exploited Xbox on my LAN... or when I get around to buying a wireless bridge to get my own Xbox online.

You can change the raincoat.conf file over telnet, incidentally. Do something like this:
CODE

# mv raincoat.conf raincoat.conf.old
# cat > raincoat.conf

press Enter on the second line and the telnet window should wait for you. Find the raincoat.conf you want to put on the Xbox, highlight all the text in it, press copy. Go back to your telnet window, click edit then paste. This should put the contents of the new raincoat.conf into a file on the Xbox with the right name. Finally, press Ctrl-D to end the cat command. You should get a # prompt back. Check it worked with
CODE

more raincoat.conf

which will display the contents of the raincoat.conf file so you can check it's been updated. Et voila!

#7 netscan

netscan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 12:57 PM

Try ftp'ing in as root, should give you full access

#8 u_n_s97

u_n_s97

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 10:03 PM

No as root I could not even log in, saying incorrect password. I tried evox, xbox, and some more typical Xbox login passwords with no luck...

regards, Stephen

#9 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,751 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 December 2003 - 12:49 AM

you have to mount the xbox drive as read/write....mr linux command guy? i know it can be done, i read a tutorial on it once (but dont remmeber the commands)

#10 glyndwr

glyndwr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 07:00 AM

Well, I've never done this on the Xbox but the command should be
CODE
mount -n -o remount,rw /

I don't think this is dangerous, although I don't know how well tested the mini Linux install in the 007 save is. I know that XFAT is pretty well understood by the Xbox Linux guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users