• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 David-63

David-63

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 01:42 AM

Ok i want to put my pc into a smaller case. Not sure how and was wondering if there was any guides out there. If there are could you give me a link and if there is not could you kind of tell me how. And i need to know where i can buy a smaller case. ( i was thinking about like 9.5"(H) x 8.3"(W) x 12"(D) ... but i can change the size if i have to for "fitting" reasons) So please help me.
beerchug.gif cheers to all.

#2 Alpha-Omega

Alpha-Omega

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 December 2003 - 02:46 AM

As for how to do it, you just have to have the experience. I mean, it's not too terribly hard to figure out by just messing around, I learned to do it by completely taking apart my old computer, and putting it back together. It's pretty stright forward, just pay attention to how you take your components out of the old case. As for where you can get a new case, I know quite a few places.

Colorcases has some nice cases, I got one from there a while back.

Directron has cases, but they don't have the lowest prices.

Xoxide has the coolest looking cases. They specialize in modded cases that have windows, etc. in them.

and last but not least, Newegg. They have cases, but I've never looked at them. I just love newegg though, they have the lowest prices and their shipping is awesome. I don't think I've ever gotten something from them that hasn't come a day or more before the scheduled delivery time.

Hope that helps.

#3 David-63

David-63

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 03:25 AM

Thanks that helps alot and i know the basics becasue i have taken many pcs apart and put them back together. But i just dont get how my power supply and buttons like power and reset will fit right in the new case.

#4 Alpha-Omega

Alpha-Omega

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 05:34 AM

Ah, you don't need to transfer the buttons. All cases come with their own on/off,reset, HD LED and Power Led assembly. The power supply might be a problem, but only if you go to something other than a standard ATX case. If worse comes to worse and you're still not sure about the PSU then you can get one with, atleast from xoxide, colorcases and directron, with the case, so you don't even have to worry about switching PSU's. Just make sure you get the same, or more wattage. Most likely you've got a 300watt, but it should say somewhere on the PSU.

#5 i.stole.this.name

i.stole.this.name

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 11:23 AM

Shuttle[x] cases are AWESOME for like little multimedia pc's... not sure if theres room for some AGP cards in them (especially nVidia's line of elephants)

#6 David-63

David-63

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 07:53 PM

along with replaceing the case i also wanted to replace the hdd, d:// drive and the operating system (os) and was womdering if this was hard. I can easily replace the d drive but not so sure with the hdd and the os. I have had people tell me i should just add another hdd instead so i wouldnt have to add dos and crap to the new bigger hdd..... and i thought that was a good idea. So i guess i need help with adding a hdd instead of replacing it, And i need to know how to replace the os.
Can anyone help me?? uhh.gif

#7 Alpha-Omega

Alpha-Omega

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 09:50 PM

I'm wondering, what do you mean by your "D" drive? I'm guessing you just mean your partition on your hard drive named D, but I'm just making sure. What size is your hard drive right now? If you don't use more than half of the capacity there really isn't a reason to get a new drive. As for reinstalling the OS, what OS do you use? If it's Windows 2000 or XP it shouldn't be too hard cause you can boot off the CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users