• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 krusbaer

krusbaer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 06:52 PM

I'm new at this... Have a question abt installing apps. have read alot of other topics where people have had poroblems installing apps. Often it seems like they only downloaded the source code, but they need a file called *.xbe. I wonder what i shall do with the source code should this also be in the folder on f:apps ???

#2 dtechlogic

dtechlogic

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 December 2003 - 06:56 PM

hey men i see that no one has look at this topic.

I see that you don't know the difference between source code and binary.

Well soure code you need to compile it first with VS studio.net.
The other one is download a copy of it that has been compile already and you can get it from xbins, don't ask becuase you won't get any answer. Hint look in the tutorials regarding xbins. Thats a irc channel were you can get the apps.

#3 CaliSurfer008

CaliSurfer008

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:Brahm is a whore
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 December 2003 - 06:56 PM

You must compile source code. Compiling IMO is pretty hard to do...but someone who can code can do it with ease.

#4 krusbaer

krusbaer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 07:02 PM

I've already downloaded the binary and source code from xbins (int this case I'm talking abt dvd2xbox. So I only have to use the binary then???

#5 drekkar

drekkar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 07:06 PM

the source code is what was used to made the xbe (xbox executable), the xbe is a compiled version of the source code. the souce is just there for people to learn from, or to make personalized modifications (mainly the first reason). If you are not a programmer, dont worry about the source

#6 GLaCiERDC

GLaCiERDC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 December 2003 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (krusbaer @ Dec 7 2003, 04:02 PM)
I've already downloaded the binary and source code from xbins (int this case I'm talking abt dvd2xbox. So I only have to use the binary then???

the binary is the source code compiled, dont d/l source code if u dont know what to do with it just d/l the binary from xbins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users