Photo

Xbox Universal Remote Codes. Do They Exist?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Raider_Nation

Raider_Nation

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 09:11 PM

I have a modded xbox and I have the dvd remote ir dongle but I dont have the remote. Are there any codes for my Phillips/Magnavox universal remote control? If so can someone please post them here or leave a link.. thanks

#2 jmarshall

jmarshall

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 10:17 PM

First off, if you'd done a search either of this forum, or over at the XBMC forums, you'd have found what you're looking for.

The XBox uses a TV/VCR device code of 0060. This is for the UEI based universal remotes.

A pronto file is available from the XBMC Sourceforge site.

More info can be gained by searching the XBMC forums, and by searching over at the www.remotecentral.com site.

#3 Raider_Nation

Raider_Nation

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:38 AM

I did do a search in these forums and on www.remotecentral.com and did not find what I was looking for. I do appreciate you pointing me in the right direction though. I'll just keep looking thanks. ps my remote model # is rem255. thanks for your time

#4 Perplexer

Perplexer

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • Interests:Fish with big teeth
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 December 2003 - 12:01 PM

Set your remote to control an RCA or GE DVD player.

#5 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 December 2003 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Perplexer @ Dec 8 2003, 02:01 PM)
Set your remote to control an RCA or GE DVD player.

I do this but then up goes down and down goes up... anyreason?????

#6 jmarshall

jmarshall

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 07:19 PM

You can remap Up to the Down action in the keymap.xml file to get XBMC working correctly, but this won't help other XBox apps.

As was specified: The XBox remote uses RCA DVD/VCR remote codes. You may have a bunch of different possible codes that might work - try them all out until you find the one that does the job.

#7 Raider_Nation

Raider_Nation

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 02:44 AM

I dont have a dvd option on mive its just tv, ,vcr, cbl and aux. can I still use it you think??

uhh.gif

#8 jmarshall

jmarshall

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 08:26 PM

Try using a RCA VCR code.

#9 dexthageek

dexthageek

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 06:45 PM

If you look at the Xbox remote and an RCA remote you will notice that they are identical....

My old RCA 27in TV (since I now have my 53 HDTV) has the same shape remote as the xbox remote..Button placements are almost the same as well

#10 janzwa

janzwa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:29 AM

[font=Arial Black]

somebody please help me.. i have the 360 remote and i have a rca 42 inch lcd, i have attempted the option of holding tv and ok and upon turning red, pressing channel up repeatedly, and it connected to my vcr/dvd in 1 which is magnavox, can somebody pleaseeee help me figure out how to program the remote to my tv because i have no remote for it and getting up to change the volume, sleep timer, and power off and on is getting really annoying, somebody please reply and help me.... thank you!!!

#11 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:29 PM

First off, this is for the original Xbox, not the 360.

Second, you brought up an 8 year old post to get an answer to your question that isn't even about the original topic. They were asking about programming codes. You are asking how to get your TV to turn on and off.

Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question. I am not going to move this thread into the 360 newbie section, so you will need to post your question there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users