• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 WESIDA

WESIDA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 11:30 PM

ok, iam new in this. i have an xbox and i want to install a mod ship on it (so i can play burned/copied games). now the qeustion, which mod chip should i get?and how much would it cost to get it AND get it installed?

thanks

#2 GLaCiERDC

GLaCiERDC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 December 2003 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (WESIDA @ Dec 7 2003, 08:30 PM)
ok, iam new in this. i have an xbox and i want to install a mod ship on it (so i can play burned/copied games). now the qeustion, which mod chip should i get?and how much would it cost to get it AND get it installed?

thanks

read the pinned newbie welcome guide and see what modchip suits your needs. nobody knows whether u wanna solder or not or anything, read it over, decide and then ask for a second opinion if u want

#3 WESIDA

WESIDA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 11:50 PM

alright, i looked at the pinned threads. but all they talk about it how to open and manage your xbox. nothing about what kind of modships and the diffrences between them. maybe i didn't see it, if you can post another link or something it will be nice biggrin.gif

#4 WESIDA

WESIDA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 11:58 PM

ok i searched in google, and read about modships and their history, and came to me deciding that i might buy "The X-ecuter 2 LITE". but i wanna know, is it good? and did you guys have any problems with it?

#5 DeXoy

DeXoy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 12:53 AM

http://www.xbox-scen...ips3b_table.htm

use that. It compares all the mod chips.

#6 WESIDA

WESIDA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 01:04 AM

ok i looked at the table and figured out what i wanted, which is The X-ecuter 2 LITE. now this is what i need from it (play copied/burned/import games) << please correct me if this ship DOES NOT do that. now i tried to look for them, but everywhere i go its out of stock. where can i get it? autctions?

#7 WESIDA

WESIDA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 01:58 AM

neva mind i found some on this site biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif . anyways, would this chip do this: play burned/copied games???

#8 GLaCiERDC

GLaCiERDC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (WESIDA @ Dec 7 2003, 10:58 PM)
neva mind i found some on this site biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif . anyways, would this chip do this: play burned/copied games???

yes, allows you to swap harddrive too, which isnt really based on the modchip but rather on the bios you flash it with, and you will need to flash it with something like x2 4979repack because the preflashed Cromwell bios only does linux stuff.

#9 XboxNia

XboxNia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:22 AM

if your a n00b and dont want to figure anything out get the chameleon solderless chip install it ( a chimp can do it ) and run slayers and thats it
if you want a chip at wholesale price talk to this guy hes fast and relyable and cheap
andre@easybuy2000.com
just tell him that i told you and youll get a discounted price

#10 WESIDA

WESIDA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:24 AM

can you explain to me this please "you will need to flash it with something like x2 4979repack". what is that something? a software, a hardware?
sorry man iam new in this, or just please post an article or something about it biggrin.gif

#11 XboxNia

XboxNia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:28 AM

youll need a bios whatever one you choose and use nero to burn the bin to a cdrw and run it in the xbox there are tuts search first

#12 GLaCiERDC

GLaCiERDC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (WESIDA @ Dec 7 2003, 11:24 PM)
can you explain to me this please "you will need to flash it with something like x2 4979repack". what is that something? a software, a hardware?
sorry man iam new in this, or just please post an article or something about it biggrin.gif

its a bios, find a flashing tutorial cuz ur gonna need one eventually and there are plenty to find in the tutorials section or on the forums with search

#13 WESIDA

WESIDA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:38 AM

ok i searched in google, and this is what i understand, correct me if iam wrong:
*install the chip
*flash/install the bios from a NERO burned cd so it'll make the xbox understnd BURNED/IMPORT games

is that right?

if it is, this is what iam going to buy
http://shop.system-m...0=204&1=206&3=9

iam going to install it, then flash it.

again correct me if iam wrong plz smile.gif
thanks

Edited by WESIDA, 08 December 2003 - 02:39 AM.

#14 GLaCiERDC

GLaCiERDC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (WESIDA @ Dec 7 2003, 11:38 PM)
ok i searched in google, and this is what i understand, correct me if iam wrong:
*install the chip
*flash/install the bios from a NERO burned cd so it'll make the xbox understnd BURNED/IMPORT games

is that right?

right on the money

btw there are plenty of tutorials here on xbox scene tongue.gif in the forums too using search button, but u definately know what u gotta do

#15 WESIDA

WESIDA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:57 AM

Hey thanks alot bro cool.gif . appreciate your help. i'll order the chip, and i'll look on how to install them, i'll make sure to study them good biggrin.gif.

thanks

if i have any problems iam sure iam gonna find some help here wit the pros like you wink.gif

l8erz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users