poiygon

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 December 2003 - 02:23 AM

I started using Qwix recently for creating xiso. So far it's worked great. Today I tried extracting an ISO back to my XBox, but I ran into a little problem. I load an ISO created with Qwix, select the path to upload it to, then click the "FTP Upload All" button. The Progress window pops up and then nothing else happens. The Progress window displays the current ISO, ISOs Remaining, and Total Size, the rest is blank. When I check the task manager, the program is using 0% of the CPU. If I abort, and click the FTP Upload All button again, I get the same thing, but this time I can't click Abort. I've been able to reproduce this error multiple times and haven't had any successful attempts. Here's some additional information:

XBox:
Version - 1.3
Chip - x2.2 pro
Bios - X2 4979
Dash - ava 0.48.1

OS - XP Home
Router: Linksys w/ 4 port switch using DHCP

#2 Aron Parsons

Aron Parsons

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 December 2003 - 12:39 AM

How long does it sit there? And is there any network activity (I don't see why there would be?)? Are you sure all of your FTP settings are correct? I know when creating ISOs it takes a few minutes to get going, but one would think extracting wouldn't take as long. I don't have any personal experience from this as I've yet to come back aroudn to games I've already conquered (put on DVD after I'm done playing them to free HD space), so all of this is just opinion/theory.

#3 poiygon

poiygon

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 07:20 AM

There doesn't appear to be any network activity on my router for the XBox, I haven't tried stopping all my services and applications to see if there is any network activity from Qwix. I don't think there would be any activity if it's not using any of the CPU. I've let it sit for over 30 minutes before ending task on the program.

#4 Devenic

Devenic

Avalaunch Team

• PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 December 2003 - 05:01 PM

The problems we've had reported on Qwix not communicating with the Xbox are usually related to one of the following:

1) A software firewall (XP, Norton, etc.)
2) Trying to use passive mode on EvoX
3) An incorrect network configuration
4) A bad MAC address in the Xbox EEPROM

#5 poiygon

poiygon

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 06:20 AM

I solved my problem. All I did was update ava from 0.48.1 to 0.48.2. I kept my XML from 0.48.1, so no settings were changed.

I did, however, find another problem with Qwix and Ava.
When aborting an FTP Upload, Qwix will continue to send to XBox until the end of the current file, even after the transfer window is closed. The title in the task bar holds the transfer % at where it was aborted instead of returning to "Qwix 1.01". Once the file is ended, the Boost Mode windows holds on the screen and the XBox freezes.

I'll continue to add my findings as things progress.

#6 mcracer71

mcracer71

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 01:24 PM

I have the same problem - but only from one of my two computers on the home network. I have no software firewall enabled. Both computers can download/create ISO files from the Xbox fine. One of them, however, cannot upload/extract ISOs to the xbox.

The only variable I can think of is that there is a 4 port switch (no router/firewall) that both the Xbox and the computer that works connect to. That switch then connects to my linksys.

Is there anything I can look for to help debug this?

XBox:
Version - 1.2
Chip - x2.2 pro
Bios - X2 4979
Dash - ava 0.48.2

OS - XP Pro
Router: Linksys w/ 4 port switch, no DHCP

#7 xionanx

xionanx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:54 AM

There is probably a hardware firewall on your linksys router. It sounded like the following is what you described.

XBOX<--->4 Port Switch<--->Router<--->PC2
PC1<------^

If it is, then check to see if the router has a hardware firewall.

Edited by xionanx, 31 December 2003 - 06:01 AM.

#8 mcracer71

mcracer71

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 11:15 AM

Yes, your description of my network is right on the money. The Linksys is a hardware firewall to the WAN side (i.e. the internet) but on the LAN side, everything is wide open and there are no firewall controls:
CODE

Internet
                                                  ^
                                                   |
                                                   v
XBOX<--->4 Port Switch<--->Router<--->PC2
PC1<------^

Like I mentioned, I am able to ftp to/from the xbox from both PCs. I am able to download and create ISOs from the xbox to both PCs. The only thing that fails is extracting an ISO from the one PC1 to the xbox. What ports should I be looking at? What traffic can I monitor? I'm interested in debugging this thing and helping out, or at least getting down to the root cause of the problem.

#9 scribla

scribla

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 December 2003 - 04:52 PM

Same problem here. I can download/view games etc. But trying to extract an iso to the xbox results in qwix hanging with an empty status window as you described. The status changes on the dash from "version number/users 0" to "0.00kbs/Users 1"

Qwix 1.01
Ava 48.4
host and client on same physical network segment.
No firewall.

Edit: more info that may help, after the "hang" it is possible to abort cleanly and quit the app. However, ava wont allow any further ftp sessions until it is rebooted, even from a different client. However, streaming still start/stops, skins and qwix can still be downloaded, so the stack seems still alive, just the ftp server has died.

Edited by scribla, 31 December 2003 - 05:01 PM.

#10 scribla

scribla

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:15 AM

Got it fixed at last.

It worked fine on my w2k server (sp4) machine
But was hanging on my w2k pro (sp3) machine

After initially wrongly blaming things like WinPcap, applying sp4 to the s2k pro machine resolved the issue.
It would be interesting (and helpfull to other or future users) if anyone could confirm if this works for you or even applies to your own particular scenario.

#11 mcracer71

mcracer71

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 12:11 PM

I haven't been so lucky in my attempts at fixing the problem...

#12 tbird2340

tbird2340

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:09 PM

Same problem here.. I can scan for titles, rename titles, download and upload files via CuteFTP but cannot load an ISO.

Just sits there with no progress..

sad.gif

#13 clydesdale365

clydesdale365

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:04 AM

Hey People....I have figured it out!!...I had the same prob and it took awhile...but the mystery is solved....
First question is what folder do you have it being sent to on the xbox...everyone kept telling me it was the F:\Games folder...but for me that wasn't so....I checked, checked and rechecked and it was my E:\Games folder...so all I did was change it and make it my default folder instead of F:\...I guess for some people it may be another folder but obviously not everyone is the same.....hope this helps ( oh, and by the way I run SP2)

#14 Wireless Geek

Wireless Geek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:36 AM

This continues to be a problem for me as well. I'm running a 2.8 GHz Dual Core Pentium D with 1 GB RAM on Windows MCE 2005. The ap works fine on my other PC. All firewalls are disabled.

Any ideas? I'll do a little more searching.

The test connection works, it's weird. The transfer just won't start.

-- Geek

EDIT: WTF? I tried transfering in XBMC and the transfer started and ran fine. Anyone figue out what the heck is going on?

Edited by Wireless Geek, 25 March 2006 - 03:46 AM.

#15 iarkin

iarkin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:18 PM

I had the same problem using the evox ftp server, but it works with the xbmc ftp server. If you take into account about what people say about closing firewalls. I recon it prolly has something to do with the ftp running in active/passive mode and not getting the ports it wants.

My solution:

1) Works when you run the XBMC ftp on the xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users