• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Code187

Code187

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 04:03 PM

I've installed Xecutor 2.2 lite+ mod chip, flash the bios to Cromwell 2.27 all successfully. But I'm having troubles with installing EvoX........I'm using the slayer auto installer 2.5.......but everytime I boot up my xbox with the auto installer disc in the drive or not, the drive just ejects and prompts for a CD to flash again. at first I thought it didn't read the auto installer disc so I burned another and tested them both on my friend's xbox and both disc loads up....can anyone help me out with what I'm doing wrong please.

#2 Xboxman20

Xboxman20

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 December 2003 - 04:15 PM

lol the chip comes with the cromwell bios. Cromwell bios will only work if you are trying to install linux.
You need to download a new bios from #xbins and get either a 4979 bios or the m7 either of those will work then make sure its how you want it. If you want to change anything n the bios use xbtool or if you just wanna boot evox from c then just download and burn to disc. Oh yea i almost forgot if you download the 4979 bios make sure you get the repack one and also make sure u pick bios with the 6 on it not 6+7 you will see what i mean when you download it. Thena ll you do is burn the bios with the 6 on the end to a cd-rw pop it in ur xbox with modchip turned on when the cromwell bios loads itll ask you for a bios cd put that cd in and hit whatever it says i think its A to continue or something. then put slayers back in after your new bios is done getting put on and WALLAH

#3 Code187

Code187

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 04:47 PM

I made the bios disc using the 4979.06 bios, I converted to 1 mb etc....but when I put the disc in, it says:
found bios update: /bios.bin (1024k)
unknown flash! halting

did I left something out?

#4 Karxarias

Karxarias

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 10:23 PM

Did you burn it at 2X? Also sometimes you have to reboot for it to read it........i think it has to do with the thompson drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users