#1 douceur

douceur

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 December 2003 - 04:14 PM

I'm planning to get a order a Chameleon soon, but I had a quick question about the banks. I want to make sure I understand what I can use them for.

Is it possible to store the original Cromwell BIOS on one bank and basically leave it there for backup purposes? Basically what I'm asking is whether or not it is possible to have a backup BIOS that I can go to in case I accidentally screw up a different bank. For instance, my PC has an Asus board with a crash-free BIOS. It keeps a copy of the last good BIOS, so that if it ever boots and the BIOS is bad, it can revert to that one and my system will still run fine.

Thanks.

#2 pontfirebird73

pontfirebird73

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 December 2003 - 04:41 PM

yes you can do that. what i did was i have x2 4977 in bank 0, x2 4979.67 in bank 1, original bios in bank 2 and cromwell in bank 3. if something ever happens to my tsop i can boot off the one in the chameleon. and if bank 0 ever got accidently flashed or corupt i can select a differant bank to boot from (on board dipswitch) and reflash in evox.

Edited by pontfirebird73, 08 December 2003 - 04:43 PM.

#3 dtechlogic

dtechlogic

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 December 2003 - 04:41 PM

ok
men, go to xodus and every chameleon has been freeflash with crownell bios on all the banks so it is up to you of which bank you wanna flash now. It will keep all the banks like that so if you mess up it will up to you to fix and depends on what mode you have it on.

#4 douceur

douceur

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 05:50 PM

Ok, cool. That's what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks a lot for the quick replies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users