3 replies to this topic

#1 Tdot.O.

Tdot.O.

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:37 AM

Here is the scenario:

-I have a wireless home network at home, xbox is on it.
-Modded Xbox with a switch for Xbox Live, no EVO X or anything else

All I want to do with the Music Mixer is import mp3's from my PC to the xbox, and then use them in game as custom soundtracks. (Instead of always burning songs on CDRWs).

If I use a bacak-up copy of Music Mixer, the switch will have to be on so the backup will work, but since the switch is on, I'll be connected to the internet. Is there anyway I will get banned from Xbox Live?

Or is it possible to transer the mp3 to the Xbox while the xbox is off, then once the transfer is finished, boot up the Xbox and find your songs there?

Thanks

#2 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 December 2003 - 02:13 AM

All I want to do with the Music Mixer is import mp3's from my PC to the xbox, and then use them in game as custom soundtracks. (Instead of always burning songs on CDRWs).

From the pinned topic..

When you add music to Xbox Music Mixer from your PC, you can not listen to it as a regular soundtrack in the MS dash. More info about this, and other things too, here:
http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=48&t=119477

If I use a bacak-up copy of Music Mixer, the switch will have to be on so the backup will work, but since the switch is on, I'll be connected to the internet. Is there anyway I will get banned from Xbox Live?

You can't banned from Live without connecting to Live in a game. So, don't click on the Live tab.

Or is it possible to transer the mp3 to the Xbox while the xbox is off, then once the transfer is finished, boot up the Xbox and find your songs there?

No, you can not FTP to a powered off Xbox. The HD can't work without any power.

#3 Tdot.O.

Tdot.O.

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 11:43 PM

Shanafan,

Thanks for the reply. The link you provided takes me to the forums list. Think you could fix it?

Thanks a lot

#4 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 December 2003 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Tdot.O. @ Dec 10 2003, 08:43 PM)
Shanafan,

Thanks for the reply. The link you provided takes me to the forums list. Think you could fix it?

Thanks a lot

http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=7&t=112391

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users