• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 PanickyGuy

PanickyGuy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 02:33 AM

I just installed a chameleon on a v1.3 xbox and the linux boot up screen has an error message near the top that says LockedCorrupted EEPROM! I tired to load a new bios and when I booted back up I got the red flashing light. I booted it back up in bank 2 and got the same error message at the top. Unless I unplug the HDD and boot it up I do not get the insert CD message. If I try to load a new bios with the HDD unplugged everything seems to go well but when I boot back up in bank1 I get the red flashing light again. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks

#2 zekebark

zekebark

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 03:20 AM

I'm friends with panickyguy and possess a working chameleon modded xbox...how could we do a hotswap to flash his chip, if that will even work wink.gif ?

#3 pontfirebird73

pontfirebird73

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 December 2003 - 04:24 AM

i think the only way for you to do it is with a programmer.

#4 RustyDog

RustyDog

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 12:09 PM

Make sure you still have the original harddrive installed and locked.

RustyDog

#5 zekebark

zekebark

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 12:46 PM

How can we check to make sure its locked? And cant you just overwrite the bios in bank 1 by flashing in bank 2?

thanks for the help

#6 RustyDog

RustyDog

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 12:50 PM

If you never unlocked they original harddrive then it's still locked.
Don't try to install a larger harddrive until after you've reflashed the chip. Does the Xbox boot fine without the Chip?

When your using a disc to flash the chip it will always flash bank 0 with a 256k bios or bank 0 and 1 with a 512k bios, no matter what bank you boot the chip from.

RustyDog

#7 RustyDog

RustyDog

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (zekebark @ Dec 9 2003, 05:20 AM)
I'm friends with panickyguy and possess a working chameleon modded xbox...how could we do a hotswap to flash his chip, if that will even work  wink.gif ?

Missed this part.
Since you have a working modded Xbox you could load the EvolutionX dash on it with the evox.ini file edited for the Chameleon chip. Then swap chips while the Xbox is still powered up (easy if you've installed with a Pin Header, or even the solderless adapter) and then use the EvolutionX dash to flash the other chip.

RustyDog

Edited by RustyDog, 09 December 2003 - 12:53 PM.

#8 PanickyGuy

PanickyGuy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:27 PM

Could you clarify exactly how to carry out the swap? Also, I took the chip completely out, rivets and all and the xbox will not boot back up to its original bios. and believe me, that freaked me out. I guess the biggest problem is that with the harddrive plugged in, I do not get the option to insert a CD and the chameleon screen does not look identical to that provided in the "now what" tutorial. Does the harddrive need to be unlocked before I can flash the chip and have it boot up with the new bios? Thanks so much for respoding quickly.

#9 zekebark

zekebark

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:28 PM

also, where is the option to flash a chip in evolution x? I know slayers has that feature, should we use that?

#10 RustyDog

RustyDog

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:39 PM

The harddrive has to be locked to flash the chip using the Linux Bios and a boot disc.
The background of the Linux screen doesn't really matter since they are doing custom backgrounds now. All depends on where you got it.

To flash the chip with another modded Xbox:
I'm not sure if Slayers already has the Chameleon Control lines added to the evox.ini file. I would think you'd need to add these on your own. Check the User Manual on Xodus-Chip.com for the needed lines then open your evox.ini on your PC with Notepad.
Once you have the Lines correct you'll have another option in the EvolutionX dash to flash the chips, switch banks, or disable it.
Boot your modded Xbox up to the EvolutionX dash. You''ll need to leave it taken apart with the DVD drive out of the way. Just unplug your working chip from the Solderless adapter and plug in the one your trying to flash. Then choose the option from the EvolutionX dash to flash the Chameleon chip.

RustyDog

#11 PanickyGuy

PanickyGuy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:44 PM

What does it mean that the xbox will not boot back up with the chip removed? and what's the deal with the Locked/Corrupted EEPROM? Thanks again.

#12 RustyDog

RustyDog

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:54 PM

The only time I've heard of the Locked/Corrupted EEPROM is when the original harddrive was replaced before the chip was reflashed.
Since it's not booting with the Chip removed check your cables to make sure they are plugged in tight and also that there are no bent pins on either the harddrive or motherboard where the IDE cable plugs in.

RustyDog

#13 PanickyGuy

PanickyGuy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:58 PM

We have evox all set up to flash my chip. After evox is on there can I put in the new harddrive and have it boot to evox? Namely is there a way I can get on to the good stuff without ever touching the original harddrive again?

#14 RustyDog

RustyDog

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 02:03 PM

Yes, first boot up your XBox into the EvolutionX dash. Replace your chip with the one that needs to be flashed. Use the EvolutionX dash to flash it. Then Power the Xbox back on to make sure it flashed correctly and the Xbox boots up.
Now you can switch harddrives and load the dash and apps using the working modded Xbox but don't lock the harddrive yet.
Now you can take the newly flashed chip and set up harddrive and install them into the other Xbox and use ConFigMagic to lock the harddrive to the correct motherboard.

RustyDog

#15 PanickyGuy

PanickyGuy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 02:07 PM

Thanks so much for the help! Do you know a place where I can get ConFigMagic and where I might find instructions for it's use? I'll keep you posted on the progress. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users