• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 xplosivo

xplosivo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:56 PM

I have loaded iso's onto my HDD using Xfer and I am having trouble deleting them. I have tried to FTP to the box and simply use the "delete" command on the directory and it doesnt work. The FTP client seems to go into a loop of some sort. The only way that I have been able to remove them is to delete every file and directory by hand.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a faster/easier way to do this?

thanks!

#2 Devenic

Devenic

Avalaunch Team

• PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:59 PM

Use Avalaunch 0.48.2 and get a copy of Qwix 1.01 (the successor to xFER). Makes it very easy and fast.

#3 tyronemcbg

tyronemcbg

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 08:25 PM

You can also use Boxplorer or Xcommander to easily delete any files. Just highlight the file or folder, and select delete from the menu. Couldn't be easier.

#4 ShocKerz

ShocKerz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 09 December 2003 - 08:34 PM

I would reccomend using flashFXP too delete your files.. should work.. good luck beerchug.gif

#5 shootn3zzintulsa

shootn3zzintulsa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 09 December 2003 - 10:43 PM

I would reccomend using flashFXP too

Yeah I would recommend flashFXP as well. It works great. Secondly, I would try boxplorer.

Edited by shootn3zzintulsa, 09 December 2003 - 10:46 PM.

#6 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, damnit, gaming! I love that emulators have been ported to the xbox.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 December 2003 - 01:47 PM

I would not suggest a FTP utility to do delete full game backups, as it has to send a delete command for every file. I watched one game take 8 minutes to delete 1500 files, and the game was only 500 MB.

If you use UnleashX's or Avalaunch's File Explorer, you can delete games from there, and it only takes a few seconds.

Much better in my opinion, though a FTP prog will work.

#7 jtrip

jtrip

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 December 2003 - 05:00 PM

If you have one of the newer versions of dvd2xbox you can delete games with it. Press b, right trigger, select the drive your games are on, go into the games folder, highlight the game, and press x to delete. Then press start to confirm it. It only takes a couple of seconds.

#8 Swollen_Psychopath

Swollen_Psychopath

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 09:49 PM

u can ftp to your xbox using internet explorer - use the address: ftp://xbox:xbox@xbox (assuming you havent changed the xbox name or password)

u can delete files from there just like files and folders on your pc and it takes only a couple secs to delete a game smile.gif

#9 Jod

Jod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 11:01 PM

WS ftp pro makes it so you cant delete any folder if there something in that folder so you have to do each folder by each.. That sounds like what your doing.. Just go into options and turn it off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users