2 replies to this topic

#1 popiculo

popiculo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 08:36 PM

This is the tv that I have: http://www.bestbuy.c...goryId=cat03003

Now i'm trying to figure out what cables I need to get in order to get the best possible picture. From what I read (not exactly from what I understand) the m$ hd a/v pack would be best for me. but i would also need to get a fiber optic cable for audio for my surround sound system. Is this correct? Does it matter that my current tv has to HD capibilites? And how much is this extrac cable for the audio?
Or would the moster cable 400x component video cable take care of everything i need?
And would i set it up as 480p or 480i in the m$ dash?

If you couldn't tell i'm kind of confused. I've read a bunch of posts and check out the faq but i'm still a little lost as you can see.

I apologize if this has been asked before (which i'm sure it has), but i couldnt find a link that helped me out. If someone could direct me to a link or help me out in any way I would really appreciate it.

#2 arthurking

arthurking

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 10:38 PM

Your TV is a ordinary flat tube TV. It is not a HDTV. But you still need the HDTV pack to fully utilize xbox power. There is only one thing you still need other than the HDTV pack: one toslink optical cable for sound. Your HDTV pack for xbox already comes with one set of component cables for your video, which saves your $15-20. The optical cable can be found in bestbuy for about $25 (for example, Acoustic Research 6" toslink cable).
No, you cannot turn 480P cause your TV doesn't support that mode.
Hope this helps. enjoy your xbox. laugh.gif

#3 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 December 2003 - 11:00 PM

Damn i guess there is some good help around here. beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users