#1 trotos

trotos

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 December 2003 - 08:07 AM

The main thing is that this threat is probably unusefull because of the state of the dms-xbit. Read the news...
It's a same for a mod of that quality to have no official support sad.gif .
...and this is the point where i should say a
GREAT THANKS TO EVERYBODY IN THIS FORUM, nothink could happen to without it, and i'm hopping that someone to post a full walkthrough for the v1.4 and v1.5 of xbox. biggrin.gif

My advice is READ ALL OF THE MESSAGES OF THIS FORUM...they are of great help, and don't do anything without reading it cool.gif

I received the mod, opened the xbox v1.1 no soldering at the lpc sites, placed the mod (flashing was already beeind made, i love the usb stuff) put the screw loosen, and move it a bit till a hear a fitting sound. It's not that easy, opened the xbox, and...original dash only booted uhh.gif
hmmm...read again the forum, and i scraped the pins a bit, all of them LPC+D0, again i placed the xbit, again no hacked bios...
I read the forum again and a guy said ( sorry for not remembering you) that as the xbit is tied, alligned and so on, down try to move it. I did this and i couldn't move it. so in my helpfullness i pushed it a little bit harder and then a smthing like a terrible sound heard. I boot the xbox and voila, i play backup games. I think that this is the easiest test.

Now i will start working on cdrw media to write down the slayer's think.
Has anyone tried to write down the slayer's using nero 5?
When i try to write the iso i get a message that gives me options for
1. a mode1 mode2/Xa, other formats like audio
2. byte order
3 other options
any idea what to use to get a working cdrw? i read somewhere but i do not remember where for an other problem that do mirracles with xbox iso's any clues?

and not to forget that i have a win98se, abit mobo pentium 233mmx blabla

If i remember anything else i'll post again, CU guys and girls, if any
beerchug.gif

#2 trotos

trotos

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 10:38 AM

UPDATE:

since i installed the chip i start playing the DOA3, cause i had no time doing anything else.
But just yesterday i did deactivate the xbit by the external board and...2 times reboot and green red light...it means that it can find no MS bios sad.gif

Does anyone had the same problem?
Still i got the problem with the recognition of cdrw, but i beleive that this is a case of win98SE+nero 5, so i'll try a win2000+nero6

Since nowhere is being described what options to use for nero when the window appears after selecting the slayer's iso:
"
When i try to write the iso i get a message that gives me options for
1. a mode1 mode2/Xa, other formats like audio
2. byte order
3 other options
any idea what to use to get a working cdrw? i read somewhere but i do not remember where for an other problem that do mirracles with xbox iso's any clues?"

any clues on this?

#3 Sign of Satan

Sign of Satan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 01:57 PM

Do you mean that when you play a backup it works no problem but once you restart it will flash green 2 times then flash red & green. After 20 minutes it works again.

I had this problem and I simply added conductive paint to the d0 hole (carefully) and it now works no problem.

As for your cd-rw problem, I use Disc Juggler to burn everything and have no problems. I ended up using this program because other programs only had 70% success rate.

muhaha.gif

#4 Sign of Satan

Sign of Satan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 01:58 PM

Also when making images use Isomaker not Xiso.

muhaha.gif

#5 trotos

trotos

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 03:50 PM

Hmmm, that's not what is happening.
There is a compination that you can do at the swiches of the external mini-board that disable the xbit -like the shadow option with the reset button- (i cannot remember it now).So, when i do this i get the 2 times reboot, and then the green red flashing of the eject button that indicates missing rom, it's like you put the switches to look for a bank that has no rom flashed in.
and when i reset the switches to find the bios flashed in the chip, everythink works marvelous.
...and that's about it (quote from South Park!!!)

#6 trotos

trotos

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 03:52 PM

And for the Xiso answer i use the .iso file of slayer's auto install v2.5, that i got from mirc...and when i use nero i get the window with the options i described before.
Thanks for the help

#7 Spice Guy

Spice Guy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 December 2003 - 04:14 PM

If you mean, when you put the 4th dip swith in the off position, your XBOX Fraggs. Then you are putting your XBIT in Stealth Mode, and yes it does do this on quite a few people XBOX's, the Stealth Mode doesnt work on my v10 XBOX or my Mates v11 XBOX, all we get is the fragging.

Sorry i couldnt be of more help.

Yours

Spice Guy

#8 trotos

trotos

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 07:35 AM

yes, that's what is happening, and when i put the swithes back to identify a hacked bios then everything is cool.
If this is true then one of the great features of xbit, the one with the diod is useless grr.gif

S$@t, so if someone want to go live, he will have to rip the chip off?!!! twice S$@t
ANY ideas guys?
and i found the usb thing so cool
sad.gif , sniff

#9 fulgore203

fulgore203

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 03:51 PM

FYI I have a v1.1 with X-B.I.T. and have no problem what so ever with stealth mode.
I can switch back in stealth and not stealth without any probs.

maybe you need to use an other bank in your bios. I use the 1MB bank with the latest Evox bios wich i upped in 256kb size.

Edited by fulgore203, 12 December 2003 - 03:53 PM.

#10 trotos

trotos

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 03:07 PM

i try that, but i was wondering if i have missplaced my xbit, and a LPC point isn't correctly placed

any clues?

by the way, i did 3 cdrw images of slayers installer with nero6, ultraiso and record max and all worked great, but only on a win2000 machine, i'll try find a program that works for a win98 7years old PC (mine rotfl.gif )
beerchug.gif

Edited by trotos, 13 December 2003 - 03:09 PM.

#11 mafianinja

mafianinja

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 09:22 PM

I had the same problem, but was able to fix it by slowly carefully turning the chip a little bit "clockwise". Now stealth mode works fine. I even went ahead and did the stealth mode power button mod while I was in there. I'm happy!!!

#12 czarkasm

czarkasm

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 11:45 PM

mine frags in stealth mode also, and to fix it, I lock my hard drive, and reboot, then it works.

#13 Genz

Genz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 06:30 AM

That is, AFAIK, because the MS-Bios looks for a locked HDD during bootup. If it is unlocked, it won't accept it. I think there is a great article in the FAQ-Section about locking/unlocking that is not up-to-date anymore by itself, because EvoX supports locking/unlocking from the menu now, where all this stuff is explained.
So if you try to run the original bios and dashboard (in order to go LIVE), make sure your HDD is locked (that's even important to avoid getting banned online, AFAIK!).

Regards

#14 trotos

trotos

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 11:12 AM

during the weekend i try to do a few things with my x-box...

Like try to allign the chip, i thought that it was an allignement issue. But guess what?

I have to solder now cause i damaged the receptor of the screw blink.gif ...
I'm using an other screw now but no luck...once i got the xecuter bios, but si i tried to screw the mod down, i lost it.

SO advice people...once you get it never try to redone it...
About the locking issues...it's the original MS HDD, no hacked dashboard, just the x-bit with xecuter2 4977...and now that i removed the chip, ms dash boots fine!!!

i am so sad that HALO xbox version and PC version are not combatible over LAN (Xbox vsPC) sad.gif

that's all for now, i'll get posting till i finally get it, i hope to be of any even little help, and to get any even little help to and by you people on the forum
beerchug.gif

#15 trotos

trotos

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 03:11 PM

Ok another point...

WARNING
Do not over do it with the D0 point, or you;ll destry it as i did. Once you get it screw it down and voila...

So i do the wire installation know. I did all the wires minus the D0, i needed to find the alternative D0 ( go to google and type "alternative D0: with the quotes). Anyway, i boot the xbox without the D0 wire and xbit powers correctly, but as you expect, only MS bios loads. Today i'll solder the D0 and find out who much i F!@#ed up my xbox smile.gif

How can i found out if i have missolder the xbit? any tutorial, faqs, threat anywhere?
That's all for now
Thanks for spending time reading this and for all replies
I keep saying this, but that's true

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users