4 replies to this topic

#1 DeTr0iT

DeTr0iT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 08:39 PM

my stock hd failed on me and I didn't have a back up of it on my pc.. what can i do.. I have an X2.2 lite installed

#2 Andy T

Andy T

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 09:15 PM

You could try copying all the files from a mates hard drive onto yours.

Just an idea might not work...

#3 DeTr0iT

DeTr0iT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 09:36 PM

How would i get the xbox to boot of another HD? I have tried to hook up another stock hd to the xbox and it goes right to the error screen.. It won't allow me to load any dash cd's

#4 Viper16

Viper16

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:XBOX!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 December 2003 - 02:18 AM

ok if you used evox and did the backup then your saved but not your hdd, that's a different story(it might be saveble if it's just the files that are wrong with it) but if you didn't do the evox backup, and you can't hot swap the hdd. then just try to put in you other hdd in that xbox(would help if it was unlocked) and use slayers auto installer it might work if you have a mod chip then most likely that you will see evox.

#5 zx25_gt

zx25_gt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 04:53 AM

To use your friends drive, you would have to use his xbox & config magic or evox to unlock it. Then you can boot your friends harddisk. This however seems unnecessary. If your planning on using his "C" drive contents anyway, then why not just back his hard drive up to a pc. Throw a new drive in your xbox, and boot your evox cd and download the c drive back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users