Penfoldian

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 December 2003 - 01:11 AM

is there a tool to turn off my PC from my xbox? sounds crazy but it would be ideal for those who use ICS and the pc is quite far away!

#62 katz

katz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 January 2004 - 06:43 AM

ey guys this is a real noob question, but im running a very old Evox (1.8.3752). How do i go about updating it to this new one and keeping all the same menu's?

#63 soundwave

soundwave

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (katz @ Jan 6 2004, 08:43 AM)
ey guys this is a real noob question, but im running a very old Evox (1.8.3752). How do i go about updating it to this new one and keeping all the same menu's?

I'm very interested in this too. After reading some more info, and noting how one of the tutorials mentioned that 1.8.3572 is apparently slightly buggy and may cause loading problems in the game, I'd like to know how to update the evo-x in my xbox as well.

I'm using the pheonix loader with the audio hack, but I doubt that would make much difference from what I have read

#64 snart

snart

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 11:58 AM

It's actually pretty easy.

Make two directories on your PC:

evox_old
evox_new

Extract 3935 into the evox_new directory.

Connect via FTP to your xbox....back up your evox.ini and evoxdash.xbe (or whatever it's named) to the evox_old directory.

Open up both evox.ini files (the old and the new) on your PC.

Change the values under the [NETWORK] section of the new evox.ini file so it contains the same values as the old evox.ini file.

Replace the entire [MENU] section of the new evox.ini file with the information contained in the old evox.ini file.

Save and close the evox.ini file in the new directory.

Transfer the evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini back to the xbox.

IMPORTANT: If the evolution dash is named something different in the old directory, change the name of the dashboard in the new directory to match.
(For example, if the evolution dash is named xboxdash.xbe, rename the evoxdash.xbe file in the new directory to xboxdash.xbe).

That's it.

#65 katz

katz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:21 PM

beerchug.gif thanx heaps nsart, life saver! beerchug.gif

#66 DirtDigler

DirtDigler

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (snart @ Jan 6 2004, 01:58 PM)
It's actually pretty easy.

Make two directories on your PC:

evox_old
evox_new

Extract 3935 into the evox_new directory.

Connect via FTP to your xbox....back up your evox.ini and evoxdash.xbe (or whatever it's named) to the evox_old directory.

Open up both evox.ini files (the old and the new) on your PC.

Change the values under the [NETWORK] section of the new evox.ini file so it contains the same values as the old evox.ini file.

Replace the entire [MENU] section of the new evox.ini file with the information contained in the old evox.ini file.

Save and close the evox.ini file in the new directory.

Transfer the evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini back to the xbox.

IMPORTANT: If the evolution dash is named something different in the old directory, change the name of the dashboard in the new directory to match.
(For example, if the evolution dash is named xboxdash.xbe, rename the evoxdash.xbe file in the new directory to xboxdash.xbe).

That's it.

So I'm upgrading my hard drive, I've extracted the new EvoX zip file onto a cd. I noticed there were other zipped files within the main zip. I've also extracted those onto the cd and left the zip drives there.... is that going to be a problem?

#67 snart

snart

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 09:45 PM

Installing a new drive is a bit more complicated process. Follow these steps and you should be fine:

http://www.xbox-scen...dd-install2.php

#68 PapaLazarou

PapaLazarou

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Kyro @ Dec 12 2003, 10:40 AM)
with this new evolution x release, i ve had a problem on my PAL xbox with Top Spin (PAL version)
when launching from evolution x, the game didn't boot, it just went straight back to evox

so i change video setting from auto to default, and then no problem, but it seems that in the previous 3921, auto setting worked fine with top spin

so, maybe it s a bug, i don't know...

I've had a (possibly) similar problem trying to run Deus Ex 2 (NTSC) on a PAL XBox - the game goes back to Evo after starting to load.

Not sure what's causing it. It happened with EvoX 3921 as well as 3935.

My Post with the problem: http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=18&t=152447

#69 nezff

nezff

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:gaming, gaming o and gaming
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 January 2004 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (PapaLazarou @ Jan 8 2004, 06:10 PM)
QUOTE (Kyro @ Dec 12 2003, 10:40 AM)
with this new evolution x release, i ve had a problem on my PAL xbox with Top Spin (PAL version)
when launching from evolution x, the game didn't boot, it just went straight back to evox

so i change video setting from auto to default, and then no problem, but it seems that in the previous 3921, auto setting worked fine with top spin

so, maybe it s a bug, i don't know...

I've had a (possibly) similar problem trying to run Deus Ex 2 (NTSC) on a PAL XBox - the game goes back to Evo after starting to load.

Not sure what's causing it. It happened with EvoX 3921 as well as 3935.

My Post with the problem: http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=18&t=152447

its called patching. make sure the game is patched.

#70 yodanut

yodanut

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 02:38 AM

Hey all,

I read through this thread and didn't notice anyone mention it, but with this new Evox dash IGR seems to be on even if it says "No" in the settings and evox.ini. I can still exit games with the button combo even if it's set to no. Is it just me?

Another oddity I noticed is that the third skin in my Skins directory will never load, no matter which one it is! I have to have a dummy folder with an empty skin ini in the third position or I can't use one of my skins. This actually happened with the previous Evox release as well. A trifle of a bug, but a bug nonetheless which I was hoping would get fixed on this release.

#71 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (yodanut @ Jan 17 2004, 11:38 PM)
Hey all,

I read through this thread and didn't notice anyone mention it, but with this new Evox dash IGR seems to be on even if it says "No" in the settings and evox.ini. I can still exit games with the button combo even if it's set to no. Is it just me?

Another oddity I noticed is that the third skin in my Skins directory will never load, no matter which one it is! I have to have a dummy folder with an empty skin ini in the third position or I can't use one of my skins. This actually happened with the previous Evox release as well. A trifle of a bug, but a bug nonetheless which I was hoping would get fixed on this release.

x2 bios's have IGR.

As for the other issue... no idea man.

#72 gubbins

gubbins

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 12:50 PM

Hey, I've just upgraded, and everything works fine, the temperatures now even work. Just wondering though, it used to say "Matrix" or something like that on the bootup screen, but now it just says "MS" any ideas why it's done this?

And also at the bottom of evox.ini (the new one) is this:

[Action_10]

LogFile = "f:lock.log"
Info "This function will lock your XBOX Harddisk"
Warning "You will now lock your XBOX harddisk and will be able"
Warning "to boot from an original XBOX bios"
#

hddlockenable

[Action_11]

LogFile = "f:unlock.log"
Info "This function will unlock your XBOX Harddisk"
Warning "You will now unlock your XBOX harddisk and will not be able"
Warning "to boot from an original XBOX bios"
#
hddlockdisable

Are you meant to put that into your'e ini as well? I don't think so but.....

Also, all I did was change the ini and copy the evoxdash.xbe over, is that all that needs to be done to upgrade? Thanks...

EDIT: There seems to be some kind of bug - When I press "MS DASHBOARD" it reverts me back to the original version of EVOx, (the temps not working). The line is exactly the same, and it still says @3 at the end of it?

Any idea how to fix this?

Edited by gubbins, 18 January 2004 - 01:00 PM.

#73 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 11:06 PM

Hey, I've just upgraded, and everything works fine, the temperatures now even work. Just wondering though, it used to say "Matrix" or something like that on the bootup screen, but now it just says "MS" any ideas why it's done this?

You can inject an image (.raw) into the .xbe with logox.exe (note: this only works with evox bios's, x2 bios's over write this image with their own on the fly)

You can leave the action scripts there, they dont hurt anything, they are only used to un/lock the hard drive.

Are you meant to put that into your'e ini as well? I don't think so but.....

Also, all I did was change the ini and copy the evoxdash.xbe over, is that all that needs to be done to upgrade? Thanks...

Scroll up and read the previous posts, especially snart's

EDIT: There seems to be some kind of bug - When I press "MS DASHBOARD" it reverts me back to the original version of EVOx, (the temps not working). The line is exactly the same, and it still says @3 at the end of it?

The ms dashboard pointer at the top of the .ini is pointing to an evox .xbe, not an ms dash .xbe. The ms dash should be named xboxdash.xbe while evox should be evoxdash.xbe.

#74 yodanut

yodanut

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 01:18 AM

Thanks for the reply heinrich. Now I understand why I could always soft reset!

But for the other issue, am I the only one that has been having that bug with the skins? Despite it being a ridiculously trivial thing I would like to fix it if possible.

#75 Ben999_

Ben999_

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 February 2004 - 02:08 PM

who would have thought evox had bugs? sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users