14 replies to this topic

#1 Neil

Neil

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 01:08 AM

Will someone shed some light as to why they show those videos are the beginning of movies, pleading us not to pirate the movie? (the ones with the stunt men, or janitors, saying that their lives depend on us paying for it)
You're preaching to the choir! We just paid to see the movie, and if it gets boolegged, they're not gonna leave that part in there anyway!!!

argh, this whole stop pirating/bootlegging is really being taken at the wrong angles, from the movie industry and music industry.

#2 UnLckyN

UnLckyN

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 02:21 AM

Yeah, I really doubt some stupid message like that is gonna stop anyone from pirating movies, its funny they would waste their time even mentioning it because it makes people discover piracy. tongue.gif

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 December 2003 - 02:46 AM

Someone should pirate their anti-pirating message and start distrubting it. biggrin.gif

#4 GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (Neil @ Dec 11 2003, 11:08 AM)
Will someone shed some light as to why they show those videos are the beginning of movies.

I will tell you, if you tell me why Beat Takeshi is in your sig. smile.gif

#5 thrashev

thrashev

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 01:04 PM

It's retarded, they think that the movie going public will feel bad for these "set workers" who take the pay hit and stop pirating.

I say let the producers/directors/actors take the loss in dough, pulling a few million a movie is stupid.

#6 Neil

Neil

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (GaijinPunch @ Dec 11 2003, 08:55 AM)
I will tell you, if you tell me why Beat Takeshi is in your sig. smile.gif

Because the movie own3d. No reason other than that. Oh yeah, and he threw a knife into a girls head because she was whispering in class. Where else do you get quality filming like that? Other than Takashi Miike films. Look at Brahm he's all about Office Space, go bug him smile.gif

Ok, now your part of the agreement... wink.gif

Edited by Neil, 11 December 2003 - 01:35 PM.

#7 WaRnINg|

WaRnINg|

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 December 2003 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (UnLckyN @ Dec 11 2003, 04:21 AM)
Yeah, I really doubt some stupid message like that is gonna stop anyone from pirating movies, its funny they would waste their time even mentioning it because it makes people discover piracy. tongue.gif

i agree.. it only lets people know whats out there and what can be done

#8 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 December 2003 - 04:32 PM

For the same reason the anti-drug commercials a couple of years ago were trying to tell everyone that by smokinga joint you are helping fund terrorism and the killing of innocent people.

It's a pretty low blow to make some 14 year old kid who smoked pot once and copied a Blink 182 CD from his friend feel responsible for blowing up a courthouse and putting a janitor, and father of four, out of work.

#9 thrashev

thrashev

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (chefelf @ Dec 11 2003, 01:32 PM)
For the same reason the anti-drug commercials a couple of years ago were trying to tell everyone that by smokinga joint you are helping fund terrorism and the killing of innocent people.

It's a pretty low blow to make some 14 year old kid who smoked pot once and copied a Blink 182 CD from his friend feel responsible for blowing up a courthouse and putting a janitor, and father of four, out of work.

but that's the point

make them feel as though they are at fault, hopefully their conscious will say this is bad, lets stop, and they stop

#10 ostraninie

ostraninie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 07:50 PM

In addition to sappy anti-piracy spots, it's also annoying that many theaters now play commercials and music videos before the feature. Kind-of cheapens the experience, as if you're watching TV at home.

Some DVD movies also have annoying spots before you can even get to the menu. I just hope this trend doesn't spill over into video games. I don't need to hear how the guy who designed all the doorknobs in Half-Life 2 wants people to stop piracy. Arrr. mad.gif

Maybe the movie industry should try what the music industry did and file lawsuits against people that download movies off of the internet. I know some of my friends are too afraid to download songs from Kazaa anymore because they think they will get sued...at least for now.

#11 lmx

lmx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 08:00 PM

Yeah. . . some of these so-called "big firms" have taken piracy and threats to the next level. Did any of you read on the net and in the news about the 12 year old girl that had over 1000 mp3's stored on her computer? And how the Real Idiots and Assholes of America (a.k.a. RIAA) fined her parents $2 per song (i.e. she got fined $2000)? Why sue the parents? Well, they said that the reason behind it was that "parents should monitor what their children do on the internet". . . bunch of fucking bullshit, if you ask me.

That is like saying that your mom and dad should go into the bathroom with you every time you take a shit, to make sure that you don't secretly beat your dick while pretending to take a shit. . .

Also, doesn't the music industry kind of lose out by suing individuals? I mean, it HAD to cost more than $2000 in lawyer fees to sue that girl. They sue her at a loss just to set an example? Give me a break. . .

#12 MartialXboxArtist

MartialXboxArtist

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 December 2003 - 11:23 PM

They're just closing their coffins in TIGHTER AND TIGHTER. Look at how BAD the RIAA has made the sales of CDs go down...

#13 lmx

lmx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 01:44 AM

Yeah. . . I know. . . if they thought the music industry was suffering at first. . . wait until the RIAA gets through jacking it up the ass. . .

#14 Mage

Mage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 December 2003 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (lmx @ Dec 11 2003, 02:00 PM)
Yeah. . . some of these so-called "big firms" have taken piracy and threats to the next level.  Did any of you read on the net and in the news about the 12 year old girl that had over 1000 mp3's stored on her computer?  And how the Real Idiots and Assholes of America (a.k.a. RIAA) fined her parents $2 per song (i.e. she got fined $2000)?  Why sue the parents?  Well, they said that the reason behind it was that "parents should monitor what their children do on the internet". . . bunch of fucking bullshit, if you ask me. 

That is like saying that your mom and dad should go into the bathroom with you every time you take a shit, to make sure that you don't secretly beat your dick while pretending to take a shit. . .

Also, doesn't the music industry kind of lose out by suing individuals?  I mean, it HAD to cost more than $2000 in lawyer fees to sue that girl.  They sue her at a loss just to set an example?  Give me a break. . .

Then who should be held responsible? The girl is a minor, and the parents allowed her to do that, so it makes sense for them to be at fault.

Much like if they leave a gun in a place where the kid can reach it and kills someone, they should be held accountable.

#15 Neil

Neil

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 12:17 PM

mage: if we go in that direction, this thread will turn into another mp3 copyright discussion.

i just wanted to rant at how stupid their tactics were to stop piracy. It's like me owning a restaurant and telling a customer after they payed that "people who dine and dash cost me money everyday!!!. Don't dine and dash!!". Better yet, have my dish washing guy go up to them and say that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users