#1 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 December 2003 - 04:57 PM

I've noticed that without a contest driving this forum.. submissions dropped off big time. Lack of interest?

I figured it would help encourage posting if we lifted the delayed moderation system that was in place.. but that hasn't appeared to help...

Let me know here if this should remain open.. or if it should be merged with GAME CHAT.

#2 DuDeR MaN

DuDeR MaN

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 December 2003 - 06:49 PM

reviews will quickly get lost in the gamers chat. I think this would be better if it was more organized, easier to find the games you want to review. Maybe alphabetise it. I personally enjoy reading in this forum but it's very time consuming to write a good review. My personal theory is you must beat a game in order to review it or you will not be able to get a fair opinion on it. so it first takes time to beat the games then gather your thoughts together and finally to arrange those thoughts into intellegent text. Also I noticed the rules have not been enforced too much, I am talking mostly about the "i don't like halo" review. I have othign against the review, it's his opinion but there is such a conflict of interest in the posts and it's rediculous.

Also a good thing to add would be a poll for every review to see the users opinon on the game.. like a 1-5 poll of how good or bad you thought the game was.

well thats just my $.02

#3 kaioshade

kaioshade

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 December 2003 - 04:50 PM

Duder Man is right. Reviews will get lost in general Gamers chat. And GOOD reviews, not just some words thrown together do take some time and effort. Writing is a finely honed skill.

I am working on a review right now, but typical of me, i want my review to stand out from a lot of them out there (call it an ego thing...i dont know).

And a lot of games i want to review have already been done. I want to do something not many people have done or even possibly heard of.

#4 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 December 2003 - 05:54 PM

My thoughts:
1. I would remove it altogether before moving it to gamers chat
2. I think alphabetizing it would be better
3. There are other sites I would go to first to see reviews about a game but there are some here that are useful and well done. Is it worth having a whole topic for those few? I guess that depends on the effort needed to maintain it.
4. I thought I had better thoughts on this topic than this... oh well, maybe run a few more contests, even just for something small like a new eeprom.bin

#5 MagicTorch

MagicTorch

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 03:53 AM

In theory it's worh having, but the quality of material here is usually so bad it's not even worth looking.

#6 FawnTheGuyver

FawnTheGuyver

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:Animes,<br />My Work,<br />Internet ;<br />Xbox;<br />Live;<br />Gamecube;<br />DreamCast<br />Moding Xbox

Posted 09 January 2004 - 01:30 PM

I agree it should stay like it is the Game Review have make me already that I have buy 2 game only because it is made from games for games

#7 DuDeR MaN

DuDeR MaN

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (FawnTheGuyver @ Jan 9 2004, 10:30 AM)
I agree it should stay like it is the Game Review have make me already that I have buy 2 game only because it is made from games for games

uhh.gif

#8 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games

Posted 14 January 2004 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (FawnTheGuyver @ Jan 9 2004, 03:30 PM)

I hope to hell english is not your 1st language. blink.gif

#9 Shadowland

Shadowland

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (FawnTheGuyver @ Jan 9 2004, 03:30 PM)

lol

I think Fawn is trying to say that he bought 2 games based on the reviews that he read here?

Anyways, I'm new to writing reviews so my opinion may not carry a lot of weight, but I'd like to see this forum stay.

#10 hawgman

hawgman

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:SPORTS, xbox, pc's, electronics, hacking.

Posted 15 January 2004 - 04:36 PM

I read the reviews in here, keep it. I dont think the reviews need to be alphabetized if you know what youre looking for you can always search. I would rather read the latest reviews first as it is now..

#11 xbox nkotb

xbox nkotb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 16 January 2004 - 09:49 AM

i bought the game kill.switch after i read the review in here. if someone actually could be bother to make a review for a game, then that sure means the game is quite good.

so i vote for this forum to be continue.

#12 rgtaa

rgtaa

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 05:54 PM

i have a suggestion to keep it simple and still let everyone voice their opinion of each game... here goes! (like duderman suggested)

Have a POLL for each game and people can either post comments or not!

Just list each popular xbox game and delete duplicates of it ... or we will have 20 halo threads,ect!

Poll could be same:
I'd recommend people buying it.
I'd recommend people renting it.
I'd recommend people passing on this one.

Then allow people to Post comments about this game if they want!

I think the idea of jump starting this room was a good one, but with all the PRO review sites out there and having people summit a Pro Style Review in this room...made it hard to do right...and it still didn't give me a majority slant on game.

P.S. Delete any thread that was a duplicate or dealing with any other subject ... this would be just a Review of xbox Games Room... where you vote, comment, and look to find good games! smile.gif

Edited by rgtaa, 16 January 2004 - 06:13 PM.

#13 rgtaa

rgtaa

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 05:58 PM

double post

Edited by rgtaa, 16 January 2004 - 06:07 PM.

#14 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 03:15 PM

I like it. There's probably a lot more browsers than posters and traffic is going to increase and decrease when games are released (we are post Christmas right now so there is a logical downtime).

RGTAA has a decent idea with a single thread for each game and a poll at the top. Simplify and create some structure.

#15 DuDeR MaN

DuDeR MaN

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 03:45 PM

rgtaa has a great point. Although I personally have always liked to read reviews by the people who play games and not the people who get paid to play it for five minutes and review it. Reviews don't have to be about how good you're writing skills are, as long as you give you're honest opinion in a somewhat intellegent manner than it's all good.

Someone should point this thread out to hsdemonz. I don't think he checks it anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users