7 replies to this topic

#1 plehem12

plehem12

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 20 November 2002 - 03:29 AM

gamespot is usually my number one source for news, interviews, previews, and reviews. i always heard about the biased reviews against xbox. i always let it slide and never really thought so. i thought some games deserved a little higher scores but it was never any big deal. i was pissed as hell at the Whacked! review, but i could understand it somewhat. today i went to look at splinter cell review. it only got an 8.6. not even a 9. a 9 is an editor choice. and to not give this game an editor choice means its not recommended, and to not recommend a game of that quality is fucking stupid. i let it slide because at least ign gave it a 9.6, which is what it deserves. so ive been waiting for the review of unreal champ for days. i just saw it. an 8.5. the other day i said that if it didnt get at least a 9 i would delete it from my favorites and never go there again. so i did. that game is one of the funnest ive played. but what id like to know is where i could go to get up-to-date news and reviews on xbox games, for free? i really dont want to pay for ign. im sure there are other threads about this, but im starting a new one anyway. ive been ranting for a while, so anyway, all i want to know is whats a good, non-biased, free place that i could go for up-to-date news and reviews? i really dont want to have to go back to gamespot just because there is no alternative. thanks a lot for all who reply. pop.gif

#2 The Legendary Rob

The Legendary Rob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 10:26 AM

i'm an ign insider and i trust ign's reviews more than gamespot (those xbox haters). official xbox mag amazingly give unbiased reviews in my opinion. if u don't like gamespot's reviews (like me) read the reader reviews instead, the best reviews since they come from "US"

#3 cONEction

cONEction

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 02:55 PM

Well , the gameplay is maybe impressive, but the framerate sucks. it isnt as smooth as timesplitters2 or dead 2 rights, i wont give it a 9 neither.
it deserves an 8

#4 The Legendary Rob

The Legendary Rob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 04:32 PM

ur gonna knock it down 2 points cause of framerate?

#5 cONEction

cONEction

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (The Legendary Rob @ Nov 20 2002, 04:32 PM)
ur gonna knock it down 2 points cause of framerate?

8.5 is my score for this game and yes, framerate is a big issue.
i prefer seeing less special effects or whatsoever but a smooth framate cool.gif

#6 plehem12

plehem12

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 21 November 2002 - 12:44 AM

Unreal is an awesome game, and it sounds like rob agrees with me. i picked up a couple issues of OXM recently, and Rob your right, even they it seems they would be biased obviously with the console they are rating they dont. those are really fair reviews, IMO. i would go to IGN, but i just dont want to pay for a website, ya know? i got the mag for my reviews now, but whats a good website for news? what do you think of gamespy? would you call them up-to-date? thanks for the replies guys.

#7 solidfood

solidfood

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 01:10 PM

gamespots reviews are way better then ign's..they gave splinter cell a 8.6, i would have gave it a 8.9..because there's almost no plot at all, just a lot of gameplay, not that that's a bad thing...ign gave it a 9.6, which is a lil too high, talk about biased. I think ign is more biased then gamespot.

#8 AnonymousCoward

AnonymousCoward

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 05:08 PM

Well, an alternate source of reviews is GameFAQs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users