Last night I installed my X-Ecuter 2.3 Lite into a 1.5 XBox. When I boot the XBox with the chip enabled, bank 1, unprotected, I get a green led on my chip and a green light at the XBox eject button. The tray (Phillips) ejects. I wait a couple seconds (I don't have any video output do to Cromwell version), then insert the disc and push the tray in. I can hear the disc spin up. And then nothing. It just sits there.
Here are the latest settings I used in Toast:
1. Data Disc / Adv Settings = ISO 9660
2. Press select to add files/folders.
3. Files Tab: Press New CD (Rename My Disc to "NEW" or even "BIOS")
4. Files Tab: Drag over your files... Name your dump/buffer file abc.dat -
and make it 300megs. Also Drag over your bios.bin file.
5. Settings Tab: Format should = CD-ROM (NOT CD-ROM XA!!)
6: Settings Tab: Naming should = ISO 9660 Level 1
7. Settings Tab: Uncheck "Use Apple Extensions"
8. Settings Tab: Press "More" / name Volume Set ID - to "New" or "BIOS"
I used a 298.9MB buffer file. My bios.bin is a 1MB X2 4979.06 that was sent to me via e-mail by someone who used the same file to boot his XBox. I've tried flashing bank 1 AND bank 2 separately, to no avail. Thoughts, anyone? Keep burning coasters until I make one that works? Pay someone with Windows to send me a burned disc?
On My 3rd Bios.bin Coaster
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users