Photo

Game Play Different Depending On Region Setting..

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kaibosh

kaibosh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 03:29 AM

For some background, I'm in Australia.. Xbox v1 with Matrix & latest Evox bios/dash..

Anyways, I'm currently playing Sphinx and The Cursed Mummy (from HDD).. Going along well, and then I get to this certain part where I just can't jump far enough.. I've tied repeatedly for about 3 hours, and just CANNOT jump far enough.. Asked around, and everyone else seems to be able to make it just fine..
So I started thinking that maybe it was something to do with my system rather than the game..

Okay.. I'm starting to ramble.. Long story short..

In the Evox settings, if I leave the "Game Region" as default, my jumps in the game are shorter (meaning that it's impossible to finish the game..).. If I change it to the actual region of the game (In this case North America) then my jumps are longer, and so I can proceed with the game...

I've tried switching it back and forward, and this is definitely the case..

When I switch to North America or Japan (both NTSC) The picture gets a whole lot brighter and kinda weird (Not as clear..) My TV can show NTSC.. I mean, it's playable.. But it was so much prettier before (Even though I couldn't play it past a certain point smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users