4 replies to this topic

#1 crimpshrine

crimpshrine

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 July 2002 - 09:58 AM

Before I break open this new Xbox to install my homebrew chip I flashed tonight I had a question for those out there that have already played Bruce Lee.

I rented a few games to test out the Xbox before I break it open and ruin my warranty.

2 of the games I have seem to work fine. (Dave mirra 2, and outlaw golf)

Bruce Lee, seems to pause briefely here and there when I am running around in it. I want to make sure this is normal, and not a sign my DVD drive is touchy. It seems to be the only game out of the two that I have that must be loading stuff as you play. I know the pausing when you kill someone is normal in Bruce Lee, I get a pause for like half a second when running around in the same general area. (Not going from one major area to another) (The DVD has 0 scratches on it also, don't think it was ever rented.. looks virgin) -- Edit-- also the Sound that plays in the background is steady, no breakups in it. I don't know if its a repeating track in memory or if its streamed like CD audio in older pc games. Figured I would mention that also..

Also, is it just the way the developers did Bruce Lee or is it me, I see textures breaking up almost like VSYNC is not working like disabling it on a PC. It makes the graphics look like crap, I have a component out cable I have yet to hook up... Just running composite for now.

If Bruce Lee's pausing and texture breakups are common with Xbox games I should probably just stick to PC games.

Thanks for any feedback.

#2 hexxmap

hexxmap

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 July 2002 - 08:01 AM

yes, even the orginal dose wink.gif

#3 crimpshrine

crimpshrine

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 July 2002 - 07:04 PM

As a follow up.. I modded my XBOX homebrew before anyone replied I figured it must just be the game...

Anyhow, an interesting note, when you copy this game to the HD no more pauses when running from there. Guess the DVD can't keep up and it's always loading stuff while action is going on.

#4 loft32

loft32

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 July 2002 - 09:03 PM

Crimpshane, yea it is the game. I rented it also and have the same issues. Whoever the developers were on this game they had to of been rushed to complete this. I mean the gameplay just seems to suck to me. The Gameplay seems I don't know, clunky? The movement seems to jerk around. You cannot attack some sneaking up behind you. I know you can use the Analog sticks independant of the target lock but it never seems to hit when you try it out. I don't maybe I just suck at this game or have not given it enough playtime but I have to say I was disappointed.

Loft32

#5 Drakull

Drakull

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 July 2002 - 12:44 AM

ph34r.gif
Yup, it's hard to hit them sometimes... and in general i became dissapointed with the game. It's not as good as i was expecting (and also the game loading system sucks... at least using the original one... ). For hitting the enemies on your back you cal either use the sticks and hit them (sometimes is hard) or use one of the combo moves like the double low kick... it's usually the best way.
Anyways... the game is not as good as i expected.... one of those games i should have not bought if played before....
Not worthy for buying... maybe worthy for copying and playing a couple days, but not a lot more.

Regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users