• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CupeX

CupeX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 08:05 AM

You see, I've been into this xml for a while now, but not with any of these skin editors... they need all kinds of files... (and with only a freaken 56k, you wont sit tight and use 15 hours to get some of these runtime files) - But i'm getting a flatline in 2 weeks.... anyways, so I've been making my own xml.... by looking and learning..... yippie....

BUT, need help here... I've made this entirely for Craxtion.... since it uses, main title and description... a lot of skins dont support that, and if they do... the text often dissapear of the edges... because someone havent made it "stay" inside the screen wink.gif .... very annoying.... !

But i need the code for showing who the publisher is??? or was it onlu MenuX that could show it?

I defined title and subtitle.... but i cant get it to show.... who published it??? and i know it can be drawn out from the .xbe file, but how.... I don't know....

the skinning file with MXM... has an example, that doesent work as well....

Another question is, How do i make the time european?? an example shows that you can define how the date should be shown... but no matter what I do, it remains the same... some help*?.... european date is DD:MM:YYYY

and finally... I need the code/script whatever for showing .... if the selected game is, NTSC, PAL... or somethin like that.... have seen examples, but no matter - it want show.... mad.gif

anyways... I haven't made any of the movie by myself... 'I used the skin "BlobBox" .... but a lot of the menu stuff irritated me so much, that I just had to change it... or learn to do it....

blink.gif

I also tried to write this dude Ray12334 or somthin like that!

If it would be okay to upload a final version of the skin??? since it seemed.... un polished.... which I've done now....

.... will be making some video some day.... to supply all does nice skins out there.... even though there aint many.... sad.gif

a lot of word, for simple questions.... hope someone can help me...

- CupeX huh.gif

#2 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 December 2003 - 10:28 PM

But i need the code for showing who the publisher is??? or was it onlu MenuX that could show it?

Use the CGDescr variable
CODE
<LayoutElement Type="Text" Source="CGDescr">

You can use the CGTitle the same way to display the game name.

I don't know whether you can specify the date format in the mxm_skin.xml, but you can set it in your system menu, or the mxm.xml file.

I don't know of a way to display the game's region settings either.

And you are welcome to release skin "remixes" as long as u credit the original author.

#3 CupeX

CupeX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 04:52 PM

nah, the "CGdescr" command, just show what I defined as Description.... for example.... "4 Player, Action" ... blink.gif

So I need it to bypass what I wrote.... I think!

- CupeX

#4 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 December 2003 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (CupeX @ Dec 17 2003, 12:52 PM)
nah, the "CGdescr" command, just show what I defined as Description.... for example.... "4 Player, Action" ... blink.gif

So I need it to bypass what I wrote.... I think!

- CupeX

There is a "CGEntry" that will take any extra fields you defined in the MXM_Entry.xml file (or menu.xml/mxm.xml) and access them.

CGEntry as source, "Publisher" as KEY:

<Item>
<Title>SomeGame</Title>
<Publisher>Coleco</Publisher>
</Item>

#5 CupeX

CupeX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 07:31 AM

huh.gif Yes, I know that... BenJeremy.... BTW, Thanx 4 a nice program.... to the XboX,,,, really nice work you've done there....

Then I have to define it manually.... and since its meant for users using Craxtion, it wont make it easier for them.....

What I meant was, that MenuX - Can somehow retrieve that Publisher info by itself without me defining it.... I tested it a few times, and thought it was the same, as you can see the Game Save Icon.... form the xbe file....

The other thing is possible too!!!

CupeX

bye 4 now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users