• Please log in to reply
1594 replies to this topic

#1 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, damnit, gaming! I love that emulators have been ported to the xbox.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 December 2003 - 01:44 AM

i have it mirrored here: http://xbehome.com/xbox/

you can also download the site here http://xbehome.com/x...e_deletions.rar to mirror it elsewhere or even view it locally on your PC

ALL LINKS BELOW ARE MOST LIKELY DEAD
The list is maintained for achival purposes only

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mirrors with their own database; Now, it's more likely that all mirrors won't all go down at the same time!
http://rahszhul.xhce.com/
http://www.maverex.net/xbox/
http://www.chefelf.com/~rahszhul/

Mirrors sharing the free public database; If you see Connection Error, then it's likely all mirrors below are "down".
http://deadeye.50free.org/Xbox/
http://rahszhul.jonmega.com/

Alternately, mohuhau set up a non-database driven version of the site which should work when the others don't. http://mohuhau.serveirc.com:8080/xfr/

And another "mirror", updated by forum user balugabutt
http://www.balugabutt.com

Edited by lordvader129, 22 February 2011 - 05:51 AM.

#2 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, damnit, gaming! I love that emulators have been ported to the xbox.

Posted 17 December 2003 - 01:46 AM

Connection Error

Now only two of the mirrors are using the public database, so chances of all mirrors being down at the same time are reduced greatly.

The only problem this brings about, is it's going to be harder for me to keep thing up to date, as I'll have to upload the new data to (as of right now, 4) different places.

Edited by Rahszhul, 17 September 2004 - 09:43 PM.

#3 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 December 2003 - 01:48 AM

Temp Pin -=- Great work

#4 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 01:52 AM

Insta-pin!! Holy fuhhh... fuhh... WOW!

I thought someone might like this. laugh.gif

Thanks for the temp pin, LepPpeR.

Edited by Rahszhul, 14 January 2004 - 03:50 PM.

#5 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 December 2003 - 02:35 PM

Great post...deserves a pin!!!
Keep it updated!

#6 XDAWG

XDAWG

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 December 2003 - 03:51 PM

Good job man!!!

Games Taking Up Too Much Space? Buy the retail version and stop being a pirating whore.

I think its fucked how people have to jump on someone for being a pirate. When they dont even know WTF they are talking about! The guy said they were retail and maybe he wants to save some space on his hdd after he puts his retail games on it, so he deleted some movies. Or maybe he wants to save some money and backup his retail game to cd-r and not dvd-r so he deleted some movies? Ever think of that, nezff

Let me know if you need any help on replacing the movies with the blanks, I can help I do it all the time. wink.gif

#7 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 03:45 AM

First off, if you know of any posts, or have this info yourself, on any game I haven't listed yet, please feel free to share. Anyways, onto the crap!

I was hoping to rip through four or five games, at least, this weekend but I just remembered this horrible problem I have.

About FOUR months ago, I received a hernia blink.gif. Well, my employer, good ol' Uncle Sam is finally getting around to getting my surgery taken care of. What does that mean for me? On the 22nd... three damned days before christmas... they signed me up for the surgery! Because of the fun-ness of this procedure, the day before I MUST abstain from consuming anything... including water?!

So Sunday, I'm going to be so freaking out of it, I wouldn't want to be working on any computer related crap for fear of ruining everything. And Monday... yeah... I'm gonna sleep the day away if I'm not in any kind of severe pain.

But on the bright side, I'll be getting two weeks off from work, so maybe I can get this completed up to the games I've had sift through my hands in the past to present. Probably not, but I can hope.

At any rate, wish me luck... or pray for my death... whatever makes you happy! jester.gif

Ok, so now that I've laid out this elaborate excuse for not updating for what may actually be a week... laugh.gif

#8 Allen626

Allen626

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 December 2003 - 03:37 PM

I like relinking video's. If it gives me a DDE when i delete a file. I found a small file of the same file extension from the same game or another. And rename it and put it in the folder. It has worked out so far.

My unreal championship shows the UBI Soft logo two times b4 it enters the menu screen wink.gif

#9 RalX

RalX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 04:06 PM

I agree, relinking video files is a great way to downsize games if you are tight for space. If you relink the right files, you won't miss a beat.

RalX

#10 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 04:54 PM

Relinking, as you guys call it will be my second, less prefered method. I had thought relinking was like the fix for Enter the Matrix and it's long file names. Basically, pointing the .xbe to a different file which is outside the scope of my "easy" game size reduction. However, replacing movies that aren't needed for the game itself with blank movie files will be my secondary target for any games, as in my second post above.

Also, if you guys recall what files you've 'relinked' feel free to share, as I feel it'd be a decent addition to the collection above.

I've got to thank --Xtreme-- for tossing me some blank movies that I'll be able to test with, but I have a slight problem with a few of them. I'd rather have a 'blank' movie, as in 1 sec(or less), no sound, black background. I've got a -true- blank .bik movie, and should be able to make a blank .wmv, however finding/making true blanks of the others might be a fun process.

On another note, luke.luke1 sent me a PM earlier learning me a bit better about PAL50/60 and NTSC vid's and just what the hell is going on with my confusion on a few games above. I'll be updating this later when I get home, as this class won't allow me enough time other than to type this post.

Much thanks, luke.luke1

#11 Lineman

Lineman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 10:59 PM

Hey Rahszhul, good luck with the surgery... had the same done a year ago. The first day after sucked, but after that was like a paid holiday. The worst part was when they sent me home 4 hours after my surgery and my legs were still half frozen. 2 weeks off work?? My doc gave me 5 weeks. If you do a lot of physical work, I'd try to get more time off to mend. They say if you don't let them mend properly they will re-tear on you easily.
p.s. If you have to shave it's gonna itch like a son of a bitch! huh.gif

#12 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 12:52 AM

And now for an all amazing post where I do all of the following:
  • Bump this thread (It's pinned, I know!! It's a damned joke. LAUGH!)
  • Let various viewers knows what exactly has changed.
Anyways, updates to the guide (Since bumping already occured by the time you read this.)!
Dec 18th, 2003
  • Updated Brute Force and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger with luke.luke1's findings on PAL50/PAL60/NTSC.
  • Fixed Crimson Skies notes, as it appears I stopped mid sentence with an incomplete idea.
  • Added games Broken Sword - The Sleeping Dragon and Blowout upping the space saved to 16.38 GB.
  • Moved deletion log files on my HDD to a structure which I can use XML/ASP to build them. This will make tracking things easier for me. You, the user, will just have to enjoy the idea I spend less time building this list.

Edited by Rahszhul, 04 May 2004 - 01:25 AM.

#13 Caracarn

Caracarn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 December 2003 - 03:47 AM

Good job! beerchug.gif

I'd love some info on deletions for Project Gotham Racing 2, SSX3, Tony Hawk Underground, Prince of Persia 2, Top Spin

Thanks

#14 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 03:59 AM

Caracarn, most of those games are on the way. I've even been sent a PM detailing what can be deleted from PGR2, but as I don't have an actuall copy myself, I'd like to know the retail size. Not really needed, but I'm wierd in they way I like to keep stats on some things.

I'll just need to format the post, and I'll plaster it up there!
So consider this an update:
  • Project Gotham Racing 2 added.

Edited by Rahszhul, 14 January 2004 - 03:52 PM.

#15 styxx_78

styxx_78

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 19 December 2003 - 12:14 PM

bump! HAHA

Anyways, awesome post....i use this guide extensivly and and slowly going trhough mine to recoup the valuable space.

Keep it up! (to date)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users