chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 April 2004 - 07:39 PM

w00t just checked out the site for first time!!!
Thanks for it!!!
And thanks polarbear for all the deletions posted beerchug.gif

#362 bborski

bborski

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:38 PM

for splinter cell: pandora tomarrow it says you can delete intro.bik and credit.bik. Well i figure credit.bik is the ending credits (maybe) but whats intro.bik, its not like the introduction to the game is it? i just dont want to delete something that adds to the story or what ever

#363 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, damnit, gaming! I love that emulators have been ported to the xbox.

Posted 03 April 2004 - 01:35 AM

bborski,
If you grab Rad Video Tools from http://www.radgameto...com/bnkdown.htm you can view .bik files from xbox games on your computer. Then you'll know exactly what it is.

For the most part, I will never list items that detract from the story, unless the story portrayed is already decently implied. However, I haven't obtained Pandora Tomorrow yet. Though, when I do, I'll see if the NTSC deletions differ much.

#364 bborski

bborski

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 03:02 AM

cool thanks but ive got a little problem. i downloaded it twice and when i try to install it, it says "corrupt instalation detected" what should i do?

#365 PolarBearWY

PolarBearWY

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 April 2004 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Rahszhul @ Apr 3 2004, 03:35 AM)
I haven't obtained Pandora Tomorrow yet. Though, when I do, I'll see if the NTSC deletions differ much.

Well, I bought Splinter Cell and never played it. That said, I still ended up picking up Splinter Cell P.T. and I have played through a few levels now. I love it! Don't know why I never even took the disc out of the first Splinter Cell case.

Anyway, I'll check the deletions in a few hours.

#366 PolarBearWY

PolarBearWY

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (bborski @ Apr 3 2004, 05:02 AM)
cool thanks but ive got a little problem. i downloaded it twice and when i try to install it, it says "corrupt instalation detected" what should i do?

I just downloaded it and installed it (30 minutes after your post) and the install went fine. The program opens fine. It plays .BIK files fine.

Did you download the proper file for your OS?

#367 PolarBearWY

PolarBearWY

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:19 PM

re: Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Can someone verify that one would want to delete the following?

/Offline/dataxb/Sounds/ENGLISH ???

Doesn't make sense to me. He didn't report being able to delete any of the other "English" folders so why this one? I'd think you would need to keep at least one of the language folders. If we can delete it, it would be another 100+ MB saved.

I'm not deleting that folder.

Oh, and the folders in Localization... you don't even save 1 MB total in all 4 folders. It's probably not even worth the time to hit the delete key.

#368 Angerwound

Angerwound

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 April 2004 - 09:10 PM

I wouldn't advise on deleting that folder... Your welcome to rename it and give it a try.. The only way to know for sure is trial and error......

#369 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, damnit, gaming! I love that emulators have been ported to the xbox.

Posted 03 April 2004 - 09:11 PM

PolarBearWY,
I seriously don't know about the English in SC:PT. I'll ask GamerBR next time he pops on MSN/ICQ.

All,
Do you use dvd2xbox to back up your games, and then use your favorite ftp of file manager to clear files out? Why? Only I should be doing that now (unless you're being really nice and helpng me out.)

Reason I say that? Out on the two deletion sites I've implemented a way to create .acl files for dvd2xbox to exclude (most) of the deletions from being copied.

So, this will be an awesome help for people who are copying a game to the hard drive.

#370 PolarBearWY

PolarBearWY

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Rahszhul @ Apr 3 2004, 11:11 PM)
Reason I say that? Out on the two deletion sites I've implemented a way to create .acl files for dvd2xbox to exclude (most) of the deletions from being copied.

So, this will be an awesome help for people who are copying a game to the hard drive.

Dang, Rahsz!!!

You keep outdoing yourself. (Did you notice that the list on the first post stops at the S-games?)

#371 PolarBearWY

PolarBearWY

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 10:24 PM

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow (NTSC !!!)

Well, though it isn't noted, I'm guessing the current Pandora Tomorrow listing is for the PAL version. I saved far more space and didn't even delete as much, if that makes sense.

Space I saved : 1.36 GB (compared to the 1.14 GB reported in other listing) and I didn't delete the English folder.

XBox Live

/dashupdate.xbe
/downloader.xbe
/update.xbe

Regional Movies

/Offline/Videos/Credit.bik
/Offline/Videos/Intro.bik
/Offline/Videos/Intro2.bik

Language Files

/Offline/dataxb/Sounds/FRENCH/
/Offline/dataxb/Sounds/GERMAN/
/Offline/dataxb/Sounds/ITALIEN/
/Offline/dataxb/Sounds/SPANISH/
/Offline/Localization/French/
/Offline/Localization/German/
/Offline/Localization/Italian/
/Offline/Localization/Spanish/
/Offline/screenshot/French/
/Offline/screenshot/German/
/Offline/screenshot/Italian/
/Offline/screenshot/Spanish/

*Note that I did not delete the ENGLISH folder as suggested in the PAL deletables. It doesn't make sense to me that either the NTSC or the PAL would allow that deletion. If you can delete, you would save another 100+ MB. Someone care to test?

Movie Replacements

*Note that I used a 500ish byte blank.bik that I got from a link in this thread.

BackgroundPAL.bik
CreditNTSC.bik
CreditPAL.bik
IntroPAL.bik
MultiPAL.bik
UbiLogoPAL.bik

*To answer someone's question above, none of these are critical to the game. I suggest keeping IntroPAL.bik to watch the first time. This is the movie that plays before you even get to the menu.

*I left BackgroundPAL.bik in. It's only about 20 MB and it looks cool. It is the background graphic that plays in the menu screens (I think).

#372 von_braun

von_braun

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:films, gaming, modding.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:07 PM

Is there a program or codec that can play .xmv movie files?

Edited by von_braun, 03 April 2004 - 11:09 PM.

#373 sparkyz

sparkyz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:04 AM

Great forum!!
Any way after follwoing the tony hawk underground uneeded files, nero 6.0 still says it is too big?(it shows 4.7g or 5,000,000 mb???) are there anymore uneeded files?

Thanks,

#374 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:06 AM

PolarBearWY,
Are you sure the files with PAL in them are supposed to be replaced with blanks in the NTSC version? That just doesn't make sense to me.
(Did you notice that the list on the first post stops at the S-games?)
I may be "outdoing" myself, but damn, I keep missing some stupid s---. I'll get that fixed.

von_braun,
Get the newest UnleashX dashboard. If you use the file manager, you can browse to a folder, hit (A) while a .xmv is select, and it'll start playing.

sparkyz,
Maybe I missed writing something down, but T.H.U.G. is ~2.6 GB on this side. Make sure you didn't do what one of my friends did... He had the ISO of a game in the same folder where he extracted everything, and started to think the game miraculously doubled in size, like the ISO was compressed.

Edited by Rahszhul, 04 April 2004 - 12:14 AM.

#375 Vlad the Impaler

Vlad the Impaler

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:32 AM

thanks for the list.. great work!
Any idea what files can be deleted from Shenmue 2? The game is 4.88 gigs .. need to cut it down.. thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users