#511 PolarBearWY

PolarBearWY

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:28 AM

Can someone please get in touch with me? I'd like a small blank.xmv file to test a few things.

#512 Angerwound

Angerwound

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:42 PM

PolarBear, I have one at home, at work at the moment. If you would like I could send it over later tonight.

#513 RyanC

RyanC

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 08:55 PM

probally a dumb question but do you have to put the acl file information in or can you just delete the stuff shown basically what im asking is can i just delete the files shown and everything will be fine or do i have to add the acl tect in also

#514 Virtucon

Virtucon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:05 PM

Angerwound:
I while back you posted deletions to Fatal Frame. are these cut scenes in the game, pre game, credits? it looks like they are "in game" and have information on the plot and story. I just got this game, haven't played it yet. I always play my games off the Hdd. will I bee missing importaint stuff by making these deletions?
thnx, virtucon
edit:I always seem to figure things out...after I make a post asking a question. never mind Angerwound, I watched a few in XBMC and I think I had better leave them in for now.

Edited by Virtucon, 03 May 2004 - 11:10 PM.

#515 Q3A-TaNK

Q3A-TaNK

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:05 AM

does any1 have any deletions from Street Hoops? I have tested to see if the intros will give a DDE by just putting a number in front of the orginal file name (i.e- 1ATVlogo.bik) It doesnt give a DDE so I would ike to tear this 5gb+ game down soon. I would like to keep the mixtapes in the game just get rid of the music vids and intros.

#516 Angerwound

Angerwound

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Virtucon @ May 4 2004, 01:05 AM)
Angerwound:
I while back you posted deletions to Fatal Frame. are these cut scenes in the game, pre game, credits? it looks like they are "in game" and have information on the plot and story. I just got this game, haven't played it yet. I always play my games off the Hdd. will I bee missing importaint stuff by making these deletions?
thnx, virtucon
edit:I always seem to figure things out...after I make a post asking a question. never mind Angerwound, I watched a few in XBMC and I think I had better leave them in for now.

Yes, they are needed for the plot of the game. They were the only deletions possible for the game and thought I would post for those that may not need them. Sorry for not adding additional notes to that effect. Maybe Rahszhul could do that for me.

#517 Angerwound

Angerwound

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Q3A-TaNK @ May 4 2004, 02:05 AM)
does any1 have any deletions from Street Hoops? I have tested to see if the intros will give a DDE by just putting a number in front of the orginal file name (i.e- 1ATVlogo.bik) It doesnt give a DDE so I would ike to tear this 5gb+ game down soon. I would like to keep the mixtapes in the game just get rid of the music vids and intros.

If you renamed the file and did not recieve a DDE than you should be able to remove that file with no problem at all. Make sure you didn't just rename a file that the xbox did not try to access. Rename the opening movies first to see if they have DDE reporting added.

#518 Angerwound

Angerwound

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (RyanC @ May 3 2004, 10:55 PM)
probally a dumb question but do you have to put the acl file information in or can you just delete the stuff shown basically what im asking is can i just delete the files shown and everything will be fine or do i have to add the acl tect in also

You can just delete the files shown. Make sure they do not say that they need to replaced though. This information will be given above the list of deletions. Good Luck!

#519 Q3A-TaNK

Q3A-TaNK

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 May 2004 - 05:10 AM

I found some deletions for Street Hoops It turns a 5gb+ game to a reasonable 2gb+ game. I have only left out the mixtapes since you probally want to earn them and watch them. Go to the FMV folder and then you can delete these movies

PreGame vids
----------------
ATVlogo.bik
ATVIntro.bik
boelogo.bik

Training Vids
-----------------
SHADVDEF.bik
SHADVOFF.bik
SHBASDEF.bik
SHBASOFF.bik
SHSROCK.bik

Useless Vids
------------------
DOLBYDIG.bik
DOLBYPL2.bik
TTSSFX.bik
SHCred01.bik
SHIntvue.bik
SHVCO.bik
SHCYPRES.bik
SHMASTRP.bik
SHMSTRP0.bik
SHXF2BCK.bik

/FMV/Location (*1)

(*1)Im not sure what this folder had other than court vids but someone may know what these vids are

Edited by Q3A-TaNK, 04 May 2004 - 05:17 AM.

#520 toyato89

toyato89

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (PolarBearWY @ May 2 2004, 07:53 PM)
Tiger Woods 2004 NTSC

Anyone know what format those XBX files are in Tiger Woods 2004?

Deleting the credits, logo, and intro would save 0.1 GB if someone knew how to replace them with blank files.

Yeah, I was looking at those. They are not BIK or XMV. I downloaded one to the PC, renamed to a .BIK, no go in the RAD Video Tools. UnleashX and renaming it to a .XMV said unsupported format. EA uses custom vids in nearly all their titles that I've seen. Sometimes they will use XMV, but rarely if ever for an ingame vid will they use something unproprietary. They're bitches when it comes to deleting videos.

Does anyone know anyone who works in EA's xbox division? tongue.gif

Anyways, I found something whilst digging around in Project Gotham Racing 2 (NTSC version of course)... a couple movie replacements and a couple more deletions!

CODE
Replacements:
\cache\English.xmv
\cache\intro1.xmv
\cache\intro2.xmv
\cache\intro3.xmv

Unneeded Stuff:
\buffer0
\buffer1

Total: 228mb = 0.22gb (I think it's listed in gigs)

If anyone's worried about the 'buffer' files, I checked them out in a hex editor. Both are identical files, all 0'd out. They're simply blank. Must have been to fill up the DVD completely or something, all I know is that they're completely useless on the HDD!

Edited by toyato89, 04 May 2004 - 06:05 AM.

#521 toyato89

toyato89

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 07:05 AM

I know this is not quite a deletion, however it's good info, so...

For those of you who have Hitman Contracts, if you are not happy with one of the 3 controller layouts they are giving you you're basically screwed because you can't edit the layout in the game. Well, I have discovered in my meddling that you can modify the 'HitmanGamepadXbox1.cfg' (also ...2.cfg and ...3.cfg) files but just pick one and mod that. It seems this has been ported from PS2 because there are references in there to Circle, Square etc, but the PS2 to xbox controller equivalents are known. I remember seeing them when looking up cheats for Vice City, and because all the xbox cheats had to be "ported" from the PS2 cheats someone had posted the controller conversions, but since you can view the changes in the menu, I wouldn't worry too too much about it.

If you're happy, leave it, if not, then change away! Like I said before, it shows the changes made in the game menu (once you replace the file and load the game back up), so you can see if you were successful or not in your endeavour to change the controls.

Enjoy!

#522 AmO

AmO

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:00 AM

i have searched all over the Rallisport Challenge 2 game and have not been able to find anything possible to delete...it is a 6GB game....am i just plain ole screwed? basically the large game size seems attributed to so many large levels...am i on crack? is there really some stuff to delete that i have overlooked? if anyone else has had a look id like to know what you found...if you found anything...
Laters,
AmO

#523 PolarBearWY

PolarBearWY

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 May 2004 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (AmO @ May 4 2004, 10:00 AM)
i have searched all over the Rallisport Challenge 2 game and have not been able to find anything possible to delete...it is a 6GB game....am i just plain ole screwed? basically the large game size seems attributed to so many large levels...am i on crack? is there really some stuff to delete that i have overlooked? if anyone else has had a look id like to know what you found...if you found anything...
Laters,
AmO

I have looked all over and can't find any retail stores willing to sell it before release.

If I remember correctly, the previous Rallisport was about 2.5 GB. I can't imagine this game is nearly 3x that. I swear some of these delevopers just put a bunch of garbage on the games to make you guys not be able to backup to DVD-R.

Just like all the previous Windows versions prior to XP... 550 MBs of stuff on the CD but you really only needed the <80 MB of stuff from the Setup folder, or whatever it was called.

#524 Mr A

Mr A

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:58 PM

Is there anyway to remove all of the radio from Project Gotham two and not get errors?

#525 toyato89

toyato89

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Mr A @ May 4 2004, 06:58 PM)
Is there anyway to remove all of the radio from Project Gotham two and not get errors?

As far as I can tell, no. I edited cities.ini to comment out the radio stations of only one city (Edinburgh), and it wouldn't load the game, it froze on the loading screen before the menu. I tried removing the radio stations from every city, no go either. I don't think there's a simple way to to this, so I'm going to say that you can't. But, by all means, prove me wrong!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users