1592 replies to this topic

#61 RjT

RjT

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:27 PM

GameSizeEditorv1.7.zip doesnt work for me ? I click exe and nothing happens ? wierd..

Nice work though Rahszhul , should try and make a program that can auto delete files/replace movies for users , and download updated lists of files from somewhere.. just a thought .

THanks and Good Luck Hope u feeling better too

#62 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, damnit, gaming! I love that emulators have been ported to the xbox.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 January 2004 - 08:06 PM

Two items of semi-interest... maybe...

One good.
One BAD!

The good: Updates! z33to is this list's new f'king hero. He's responsible for the following addtions.
  • Deus Ex 2: Invisible War
  • Freedom Fighters
  • Legacy of Kain: Defiance
  • Midtown Madness 3
  • MechAssualt
  • Otogi: Myth of Demons
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  • And, bumping the total deletions up to 32.92 GB

The bad... *sigh* Even though I had fixed my earlier problem with these forums, I knew that it would creep back up on me. As some will notice, I've had to take out most of the formating to get my post under what seems to be a 39,000 character limit for posts. For some strange reason, the forums report that just over 1 million characters is the limit, and this is about to make me cry. laugh.gif

The thing I'm thinking of doing, is to split the file deletions over the first two posts in this forum, and get rid of the movie file replacements bit. If I get into that more, I could make a seperate thread for it.

I'm also thinking about taking out the notes below each game, as I only cover about 5 types of deletions in this thread anyways. Only items that need a bit more attention, like Fuzion Frenzy's lock up problem with the demos. And, of course, the thanks bit will stay. I'm well too over appreciative of any help I've goten so far. biggrin.gif

Edited by Rahszhul, 02 January 2004 - 09:54 PM.

#63 z33to

z33to

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 08:42 PM

no problem helping, i had run across this thread and noticed i had some games that wernt there so i decided to see how much i could cut back. btw its z33to not x33to wink.gif but it doesnt matter.

#64 Champ189WS

Champ189WS

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 09:14 PM

I have a suggestion on the game SX Superstar. If u have a NTSC system then u can go ahead and delete the following files

CODE
\movies\AKA_Attitude_PAL.xmv
\movies\Att-PAL.xmv
\movies\chm-pal.xmv
\movies\cmx-pal.xmv

and vice versa for the PAL System
\movies\AKA_Attitude_NTSC.xmv
\movies\Att-NTSC.xmv
\movies\chm-ntsc.xmv
\movies\cmx-ntsc.xmv

All in all saving a total of about 74 megs. Not that much but ever little bit counts! lol

BTW keep up the good work! U have saved me atleast a couple gigs of space!

Champ189WS

Edited by Champ189WS, 02 January 2004 - 09:20 PM.

#65 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, damnit, gaming! I love that emulators have been ported to the xbox.

Posted 02 January 2004 - 10:03 PM

Damnit!

I typed it right once, z33to... then I got the sound of it in my head... "zeeto" Then typed x instead of z. Why? I'm stupid, I think.

Anyways, that idiocy is fixed.

Champ189WS, Thanks! I'll add SX Superstar to the list after I get back from rescuing a friend from the evil airport.

#66 toyato89

toyato89

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 02:15 AM

I'd just like to point out that if you try to remove Prince of Persia movies from the game, it throws a DDE. The only way to get around that would be to replace the movies with blanks. There might be a problem with that though, b/c the files for Prince of Persia are .int files.

#67 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 04:32 AM

toyato89, Thanks much for the help.

Updates:
  • From toyato89 comes deletions for Medal of Honor: Frontline and updates for Return to Castle Wolfenstien.
  • This brings us up to 34.04 GB
Yay!

#68 Rockabilly

Rockabilly

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 04:49 PM

dang i accidentaly deleted som prince of persia files.

Edited by Rockabilly, 03 January 2004 - 04:51 PM.

#69 Champ189WS

Champ189WS

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 04:53 PM

i also noticed the follwing files can b deleted from Midtown Madness 3

CODE
\Data\Shared\Wmv\60\msgs.bik
\Data\Shared\Wmv\60\dice.bik

these are just the pregame vids that no one ever watches. Totaling to aroung 13.3 megs

#70 XBOX War3z

XBOX War3z

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 January 2004 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (RjT @ Jan 2 2004, 04:27 PM)
GameSizeEditorv1.7.zip doesnt work for me ? I click exe and nothing happens ? wierd..

Nice work though Rahszhul , should try and make a program that can auto delete files/replace movies for users , and download updated lists of files from somewhere.. just a thought .

THanks and Good Luck Hope u feeling better too

remove the other file named GameSizeEditor.exe.manifest

#71 Champ189WS

Champ189WS

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 10:18 PM

update on some files i deleted on Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

Delete the following

CODE
\moviesxbox\intro.xmv
\moviesxbox\logo.xmv

its just the pregame crap totaling 86 megs of data

Champ189WS

#72 AndrewC

AndrewC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 04:03 AM

CORRECTION:
GTA3 Movies folder is 47.7 MB not 36MB

#73 Donny

Donny

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 January 2004 - 05:46 AM

is there anything you can do for Shenmue II? like maybe take at least 300MB out of it? hehe

#74 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 07:31 AM

Ok, so... Again with the bad and the good.

The Good:
Updates:
- Thanks to Champ189WS for Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance's deletions, and additions to Midtown Madness 3.
- Added Night Caster 2: Equinox & Sodier of Fortune 2: Double Helix.
- Found extra files in Brute Force.
- Found extra material for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
- Fixed slight oddity in Top Spin. Nothing vastly important.

More Good?:
I've decided that GamerBR's suggestion from quite a while ago might be really good. Esentially, under a specific game I'll be splitting XBLive deletions from demos, from pre-game garbage, among other groupable things. I beleive this will allow me to drop most of the notes solving half of my problems. Also, I can include the blank movie replacements along with this list a bit easier under what I'm thinking. I think this will help simplify things for some people out there.

The Bad:
It appears I've crossed that horrible barrier again with my post. As you may see, Yager, the very last game on my list, has a tiny bit of the info snipped off. This shouldn't have been a horrible thing, however for some reason, I cannot edit my post now. It appears where it broke it caused a flaw in some code under IPB. As of now, the list is not editable. I've made this issue clear in the Complaints/Suggestions forum, so hopefully I'll get some assistance.

Everythign Else:
AndrewC,
Are you sure you have the NTSC versoin of GTA3? Also, does it just appear like I just looked at one file's size, and did something stupid? Just wanting to make sure.

Donny,
If I recall, Shemue 2 had a few ports of old Sega games inside of it for Hang On, Space Harrier or some other games. I don't know personally where these games pop up in the Shenmue 2 so I can't test it as of right now, but I do remember one of those ports took up a lot of space.

#75 Donny

Donny

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 January 2004 - 07:47 AM

welp, i checked out those folders...they contain files adding up to a little over 8MB...not quite help enough smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users