• Please log in to reply
1588 replies to this topic

#751 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, damnit, gaming! I love that emulators have been ported to the xbox.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 July 2004 - 10:01 PM

Gamer,
Space/Bandwidth shouldn't be an issue. The sites were plain html output, nothing flashy or pretty, just some php scripts that made a call to a database.

The database wasn't too big either. The SQL statements that make up the database are only ~350Kb as a .txt file.

I'm going to have to do a little bit of research, as my database on the free server may have just been deleted. I won't know for sure until I can re-get all the happy fun software I had installed. (New computer:P:lol:)

AJay,
Movie replacements are not handled by the ACLs. I made the ACLs with the idea that I want everyone out there to do as little as possible to make them work. To do the Movie replacements properly, it'd require that everyone that uses my ACls to put blank or replacement movies in the exact same spot, like E:\Blank\

Everything else,
It's been known since this thread's inception, that it was only going to be temp-pinned. It has been added to the "Important / Key Threads" pinned thread though. ...which means I'll probably not get as many visits to my thread/site if I end up getting sent "somewhere" again like what just happened.

Thanks to you guys helping out turbodtalon durring my un-announced absence.

Anyways, I'll do what I can to get back on track and read back a few pages.

#752 Hamish Gavin

Hamish Gavin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:15 AM

Anyone know if there are files to free on V8 Supercars Australia 2 and Soul Calibar 2?

I'm also wondering if Cell Damage was a PAL release as well as an NTSC release.

#753 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:01 AM

I've not played the game long enough to know if it has detrimental effects further down the road, but- on chronicles of riddick i've removed the dashupdate.xbe, update.xbe and Extra Content folder saving 700 odd mb, now if you go to the extra content, you cant select credits or the walk through,

anyone verfied that this is ok? couldn't find it on any of the mirrored sites?

#754 AJay

AJay

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 03:58 AM

are you planning on putting any more asl's on those websites that are linked to on this forum

#755 joelw23

joelw23

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 July 2004 - 06:01 PM

looking for any Links 2004 deletions...

thanks

#756 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, damnit, gaming! I love that emulators have been ported to the xbox.

Posted 19 July 2004 - 07:13 AM

Alright, the time to cry is now. Well, maybe for me only. I finally finished-finished building my new comp, and recovering data, and that fun crap.

Well, specifically, two very in-depth php's that were never pushed out to the mirrored sites (my aclpack creation script, and XS post generation script for the first post in this thread) have been corrupted.

Everything else, like the site components actually out on the mirrors didn't suffer anything like this. grr.gif

But, this gives me an opportunity to rework those scripts like I wanted to, as they were eating way too much processor time. (Crappy SQL statements.) .. Taking up to an hour to generate all the acl files for the aclpack.

Anyways, I'll be working on that when I get the chance to, or when real-life work decides to give me a break.

#757 GamerBR

GamerBR

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:56 PM

Rahszhul
i think u should start a new topic of the deletions, this topic has too many pages now

Edited by GamerBR, 19 July 2004 - 09:56 PM.

#758 offishall

offishall

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 07:29 PM

ok lets get the files needed for espn nfl 2k5 smile.gif

Edited by offishall, 21 July 2004 - 07:29 PM.

#759 k6kicker

k6kicker

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:55 AM

yeah that game is FREAKING HUGE 6003 megs...ouch

#760 Sloth

Sloth

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:56 AM

Can someone maybe add a link to the site that says how big the game file is before it is altered?

#761 k6kicker

k6kicker

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 02:59 AM

espn football 2k5

60003 megs...ouch...I'm working right now (in conjuction with my pc) to figure out what (if any) files can be taken off (since the game has some lengthy loading times and i would rather just run from my hdd, trust me i payed my twwenty bucks for this gem)

file layout
ROOT

DASHUPDATE.XBE 55.71 MB unneeded
DEFAULT.XBE 11.39 MB
UPDATE.XBE 2.22 MB unneeded

/F:/Games/ESPN NFL 2K5/vc_53450030/
0 - 184.74 MB needed...black screen on boot without
1 - 286.10 MB game plays but has graphical glitches (white stands)
2 - 294.93 MB game plays but cut scenes dont play (coming out of the tunnel, sideline reactions...excy
3 - 300.89 MB game plays...missing overlay images in the cut scenes
4 - 298.67 MB game plays...missing on field sound effects
5 - 293.71 MB game plays...missing commentary and player photos on overlays whited out
6 - 437.00 MB tries to play but hangs after a swami-less pregame
7 - 304.41 MB game plays...lacks in game commentary after pregame predictions
8 - 886.32 MB tries to play but hangs at loading screen
9 - 605.53 MB works fine unless you try go in first person mode...then hangs
A - 295.92 MB crashes when you try to start a game...i'd image its either the player or stadium models since the only thing that showed on the screen was the blimp with a sky behind it)
B - 437.02 MB crahses when you start a game
C - 300.53 MB crashes when you start a game
D - 294.81 MB hangs at sega logo
E - 287.83 MB game plays fine without just cutscenes are blacked out (think intros and sideline reactions ect...)
F - 430.81 MB extras videos...as long as you dont try to play one everything runs pretty well

you can save 1013.04 megs if you dont mind ditching the cut scenes and extras videos...still not enough to get it onto a stanard dvd (i think)

Edited by k6kicker, 22 July 2004 - 03:01 AM.

#762 AssyrianKing

AssyrianKing

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:52 AM

ok for the new game Shadow Ops: Red Mercury. You can save 1.83GB by deleting the following language only folders which contain the same movies and information but in another language > "DE" "ES" "FR" "IT" each folder is around 470mb.

#763 nickrivers

nickrivers

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 07:43 PM

If you take out first person view and the cutscenes on NFL 2k5 how much space does that take?

#764 manifesto

manifesto

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 July 2004 - 09:04 PM

k6kicker, did you finally get espn nfl 2k5 to fit on a dvd-5 disk? im searching to see what files can be deleted without harming the game, your help, or anyone that knows of espn nfl2k5 would be gladly accepted, thanks@lot!

#765 snake3k1

snake3k1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 09:27 PM

You should add Riddick up there. You could take out (obviously) update.xbe and dashupdate.xbe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users